Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2017, 07:25 PM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(10-09-2017 07:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 06:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  [Image: 20170908_220543_zpsnrj2nji4.jpg?w=480&am...p;fit=clip]

He's been nervous and clingy.

Awwww. He's a cutie. Is the wind and rain noisy? Is that what is bothering him? My widdow kitty would love to get to know him. Heart

Just kidding Wink

He started getting nervous when I started prepping. He's been pretty much glued to me since then. I took out the dreaded travel crate today which only confirmed his worst fears. He might have to go somewhere. Gasp

Oh, and Girly, I'm not aware of any meds to give a bird, but it's worth asking the vet. He does get worked up in a nervous tizzy very easily. .... he gets it from me. Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Awwww, he is so cute, Aliza!! Give him some extra pats and cuddles Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
10-09-2017, 07:50 PM
My grandmother's staying in FL. She's with her boyfriend who has a generator, however. No sex jokes.

11-09-2017, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2017 10:12 AM by Anjele.)
Time for a head count...how are our Florida people doing?

FC posted on Facebook that he's safe. Thumbsup

Let us know...you know 'we' worry. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-09-2017, 08:51 AM
My sister, who lives just north of St. Petersburg, called me this morning. Her electricity is out but they dodged a bullet. Irma was downgraded to a category 1 before it got that far north. No broken windows and little flooding, though lots of trees damaged -- at least where she is. Plus the storm moved further east and spared Tampa/St. Pete a direct hit.
11-09-2017, 09:36 AM
A drive through Islamorada, bad but not end of the world Armageddon.

No word yet on our house.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
11-09-2017, 10:57 AM
(10-09-2017 07:25 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 07:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Awwww. He's a cutie. Is the wind and rain noisy? Is that what is bothering him? My widdow kitty would love to get to know him. Heart

Just kidding Wink

He started getting nervous when I started prepping. He's been pretty much glued to me since then. I took out the dreaded travel crate today which only confirmed his worst fears. He might have to go somewhere. Gasp

Oh, and Girly, I'm not aware of any meds to give a bird, but it's worth asking the vet. He does get worked up in a nervous tizzy very easily. .... he gets it from me. Dodgy

AviCalm, that's what they call. Looks like it's just L-theanine. Another one uses chamomile. I suggest Ketamine myself.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-09-2017, 11:06 AM
(11-09-2017 10:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 07:25 PM)Aliza Wrote:  He started getting nervous when I started prepping. He's been pretty much glued to me since then. I took out the dreaded travel crate today which only confirmed his worst fears. He might have to go somewhere. Gasp

AviCalm, that's what they call. Looks like it's just L-theanine. Another one uses chamomile. I suggest Ketamine myself.

Be careful giving anything to birds!!! They are extremely sensitive to things, and they weigh next to nothing and the tiniest trace of something can kill. Do not experiment with what to give birds, only use proven commercial avian products.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-09-2017, 11:09 AM
(11-09-2017 09:36 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  A drive through Islamorada, bad but not end of the world Armageddon.

No word yet on our house.

They haven't tried to change the name of "Islam"-orada ? I'm surprised it isn't Christianityorada by now.

Yes, I know it's pronounced "isle"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
11-09-2017, 11:42 AM
(11-09-2017 10:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 07:25 PM)Aliza Wrote:  He started getting nervous when I started prepping. He's been pretty much glued to me since then. I took out the dreaded travel crate today which only confirmed his worst fears. He might have to go somewhere. Gasp

Boss Lady uses carfentanil in her darts when she wants me to calm down. Boom boom, out go the lights.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post