Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2017, 06:15 PM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(11-09-2017 04:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 03:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Well done, that structure!

He built it circularly. Domes handle everything better - wind, rain, earthquakes, bullets, etc.

[Image: gZdeD3K.jpg]

Octagons are cool too, they withstand massive winds. That' what I built - just because I like it, we don't have hurricanes. We do get strong winds though, and you can hear the wind whistling around the corners. It's neat!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-09-2017, 06:16 PM
(11-09-2017 06:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I live in Texas, openly atheist. I have family here, friends here, and I'm not about to let some assholes chase me away just because I don't share their beliefs.

I've lived near LA, and worked there at times, and I'm here to tell you, it is a capital-S Shithole unless you've got money coming out your ass ... which I don't.

Florida, however, is not a flyover state.

I've a mate who lives in Florida. He says there's Trump supporters everywhere.

New York has apparently become very expensive too.

Just move to Australia. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-09-2017, 06:21 PM
(11-09-2017 06:16 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Just move to Australia. Smile

Which crimes do I need to commit to move me to the front of the line for the penal colony. Smile

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-09-2017, 06:22 PM
(11-09-2017 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Which crimes do I need to commit to move me to the front of the line for the penal colony. Smile

Steal a loaf of bread mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
11-09-2017, 06:35 PM
(11-09-2017 06:16 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 06:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I live in Texas, openly atheist. I have family here, friends here, and I'm not about to let some assholes chase me away just because I don't share their beliefs.

I've lived near LA, and worked there at times, and I'm here to tell you, it is a capital-S Shithole unless you've got money coming out your ass ... which I don't.

I've a mate who lives in Florida. He says there's Trump supporters everywhere.

I wouldn't want to live in a flyover country.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
11-09-2017, 06:44 PM
(11-09-2017 06:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 04:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Question.

Why do atheists live in Flyover states???

Move to N.Y. or L.A.

Good luck.

I live in Texas, openly atheist. I have family here, friends here, and I'm not about to let some assholes chase me away just because I don't share their beliefs.

I always had fun in LA. I had two apartments at one time, with a girlfriend in each. On the ragged edge of disaster, that was.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2017, 07:25 PM
(11-09-2017 06:16 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I've a mate who lives in Florida. He says there's Trump supporters everywhere.

Nah, I've got loved ones here.

Florida has its share of Trumpeteers, true. It also has 'gators, skeeters, rattlers and 3" cockroaches. A distinction without a difference, probably.
11-09-2017, 08:39 PM
(11-09-2017 03:44 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Phew! Power, internet and cable are restored!

I'm flooded into the area like I'm on a little neighborhood island, so I won't be leaving anytime soon, but we're high and dry in the immediate area and no significant wind damage either. I've got plenty of water and food, so I'll just keep hunkering down until the water recedes and it's safe to drive again.

Full Circle, so glad to hear that your house is standing! That's excellent news!

Any word from Emma or any of the other Floridians?

I’m very happy to hear you are OK Aliza (and have A/C, a necessity down here).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-09-2017, 08:42 PM
(11-09-2017 04:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 03:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Well done, that structure!

He built it circularly. Domes handle everything better - wind, rain, earthquakes, bullets, etc.

[Image: gZdeD3K.jpg]

One of these things is not like the others, can you tell me which one?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-09-2017, 09:17 PM
(11-09-2017 02:53 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Word is our home still stands!

[Image: txhEQsB.gif?zoom=2]

Great news.

But is it still in the same zip code?

Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post