Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2017, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2017 12:56 AM by Mathilda.)
RE: Hurricane Irma
(11-09-2017 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 06:16 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Just move to Australia. Smile

Which crimes do I need to commit to move me to the front of the line for the penal colony. Smile

A crime against good taste. Should be easy being American. Think of it as the Australian citizenship test Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2017, 03:15 AM
I was watching News at ten last night, they showed three interviews with people who had been affected by the hurricane, two of the three somehow shoehorned god into conversation.
One of the guys actually gave god credit for keeping him safe, it never ceases to amaze me that after a devastating natural disaster where people have lost loved ones, homes and treasured possessions, that god comes out of it unscathed in some peoples eyes.
[+] 4 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
12-09-2017, 05:37 AM
(12-09-2017 03:15 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  I was watching News at ten last night, they showed three interviews with people who had been affected by the hurricane, two of the three somehow shoehorned god into conversation.
One of the guys actually gave god credit for keeping him safe, it never ceases to amaze me that after a devastating natural disaster where people have lost loved ones, homes and treasured possessions, that god comes out of it unscathed in some peoples eyes.

"I think God for allowing me to live in a shelter while everything I own is floating toward Pensacola." Blink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
12-09-2017, 06:01 AM
I'm reminded of the video of a lady minister standing in front of her tornado-leveled church. "Thank God more people weren't killed." Facepalm
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
12-09-2017, 07:28 AM
(12-09-2017 06:01 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm reminded of the video of a lady minister standing in front of her tornado-leveled church. "Thank God more people weren't killed." Facepalm

So we're criticizing people who are expressing their optimism about getting less destruction and damage than they can imagine? Isn't that a very healthy response to enable victims to keep pushing through and getting onto recovering?

Would we criticize someone who said, "Thankfully more people weren't killed?"

They're not blinded by religion. They're trying to be optimistic so they can get done what needs to get done. It's normal.
12-09-2017, 07:34 AM
(12-09-2017 07:28 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 06:01 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm reminded of the video of a lady minister standing in front of her tornado-leveled church. "Thank God more people weren't killed." Facepalm

So we're criticizing people who are expressing their optimism about getting less destruction and damage than they can imagine? Isn't that a very healthy response to enable victims to keep pushing through and getting onto recovering?

They're not blinded by religion. They're trying to be optimistic so they can get done what needs to get done. It's normal.

No we wouldn't criticize anyone who said "Thankfully more people weren't killed"

We are calling out people who thanked god that more people weren't killed.
[+] 5 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
12-09-2017, 07:43 AM
(12-09-2017 12:52 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Which crimes do I need to commit to move me to the front of the line for the penal colony. Smile

A crime against good taste. Should be easy being American. Think of it as the Australian citizenship test Smile

Ouch...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
12-09-2017, 07:46 AM
(12-09-2017 07:34 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 07:28 AM)Aliza Wrote:  So we're criticizing people who are expressing their optimism about getting less destruction and damage than they can imagine? Isn't that a very healthy response to enable victims to keep pushing through and getting onto recovering?

No we wouldn't criticize anyone who said "Thankfully more people weren't killed"

We are calling out people who thanked god that more people weren't killed.

How do you criticize someone at all who is recovering from a disaster? They're in survival mode.

If you want to make an impact, then after they've recovered, educate them on the science behind disasters so they understand what happened. Don't just sit around and make fun of them for not understanding. It's cruel and useless and only serves to make the taunter feel bigger about themselves.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
12-09-2017, 08:10 AM
(11-09-2017 04:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Question.

Why do atheists live in Flyover states???

Move to N.Y. or L.A.

Good luck.

I'd take Afghanistan over L.A. or NYC Tongue

'Murican Canadian
12-09-2017, 08:37 AM
(12-09-2017 07:28 AM)Aliza Wrote:  

Nope, she was a stupid asshole. Discounting those who had died and giving thanks to her god that the tally wasn't higher. Just a fundy idiot.
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post