Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(12-09-2017 01:07 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:All that matters is that you take action and help people in need.

Tell that to the 90 cristard republicunt congressmen who voted against the hurricane relief bill.

When you convince those dickheads you can tell me how wonderful your fucking jesus is.

You know damn well a "cristard" didn't write that part you quoted.

If you don't, you should know better.

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-09-2017, 01:15 PM
It's a shame that this thread is probably going to have to be split.

Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Oh wow, looking at images from the Keys....good grief, I can't believe people stayed behind.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-09-2017, 01:55 PM
As a former Red Cross disaster services personnel, all I can ask of anyone is to put personal feelings aside. And, honestly, put up or shut up. Contact a local relief center, donate blood, donate food, donate money, volunteer time, anything.

Do you know what talking about a disaster does? Nothing. Do you know what doing something does? It helps someone regain a semblance of a normal life again.
[+] 5 users Like Clockwork's post
12-09-2017, 02:32 PM
With hindsight, posting in this thread about divine protection wasn't the greatest of ideas.
I realize there are members who have been affected by these awful events, I'll try to be more thoughtful before posting in the future.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
12-09-2017, 02:53 PM
(12-09-2017 01:55 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  As a former Red Cross disaster services personnel, all I can ask of anyone is to put personal feelings aside. And, honestly, put up or shut up. Contact a local relief center, donate blood, donate food, donate money, volunteer time, anything.

Do you know what talking about a disaster does? Nothing. Do you know what doing something does? It helps someone regain a semblance of a normal life again.

I've donated twice now for hurricane relief. It's about all I can do. Disasters of all sorts just suck.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-09-2017, 02:54 PM
(12-09-2017 02:32 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  With hindsight, posting in this thread about divine protection wasn't the greatest of ideas.
I realize there are members who have been affected by these awful events, I'll try to be more thoughtful before posting in the future.

It's ok...

Hug

12-09-2017, 03:06 PM
(12-09-2017 02:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've donated twice now for hurricane relief. It's about all I can do. Disasters of all sorts just suck.

You did what you could. Don't discount your involvement. Every dollar helps out. Smile

Clap
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
12-09-2017, 03:09 PM
(12-09-2017 01:55 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  As a former Red Cross disaster services personnel, all I can ask of anyone is to put personal feelings aside. And, honestly, put up or shut up. Contact a local relief center, donate blood, donate food, donate money, volunteer time, anything.

Don't send clothes or other miscellaneous items, however. I saw a TV segment on all the useless items sent to disaster locations. Mostly they take up time and space, and have to be destroyed. Send money so people can buy what they need, and help local businesses recover too.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
12-09-2017, 03:21 PM
(12-09-2017 03:09 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

Don't send clothes or other miscellaneous items, however. I saw a TV segment on all the useless items sent to disaster locations. Mostly they take up time and space, and have to be destroyed. Send money so people can buy what they need, and help local businesses recover too.

One place on fb publicly shamed some who donated nasty underwear. I giggled at the time (this was waaaay before the hurricane), because I've been involved in clothing charities in our county....

It's not supposed to be a chance to empty your dressers and closets and avoid going to the dump.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post