Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 07:18 AM
RE: Are You Ready For Hurricane Irma?
(02-09-2017 12:46 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm in hurricane country. If I'm in the cone I evacuate. Watching people in Texas who stayed so they could monitor their stuff... uh, what the fuck for? I'm going camping far outside the cone, like I have before, if my shit gets trashed I'll find out after the streets are cleared and the power is back on and there's clean water to drink. I don't understand why people ride it out. I'd rather sit by a campfire in the mountains.

Smart guy, that Fred.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2017, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 02:01 PM by Kaneda.)
(03-09-2017 04:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup. George got it right. But the solution lies with Douglas Adams

See: Golgafricham

[Image: golgafricham-captain.jpg]

Thumbsup

Wait! Are you saying I look like George Carlin?

Angry

Oh man, if I could speak to the dead ... (sigh) we all could have gained a lot from Douglas Adams' insights in the last few years. Undecided

Oh and yeah, and I was thinking of this picture, of the G.C. with the white hair and the posture and black jumper, setting the record straight. At least, that's sort of the vibe I was getting looking through my phone's tiny screen.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
04-09-2017, 06:00 AM
Oh fuck.

[Image: AL112017_wind_probs_34_F120_sm2.png]

By Thursday I’m grabbing my wife, dog, a few keepsakes and I’m outta here.

Sad

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
04-09-2017, 06:23 AM
(02-09-2017 12:46 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm in hurricane country. If I'm in the cone I evacuate. Watching people in Texas who stayed so they could monitor their stuff... uh, what the fuck for? I'm going camping far outside the cone, like I have before, if my shit gets trashed I'll find out after the streets are cleared and the power is back on and there's clean water to drink. I don't understand why people ride it out. I'd rather sit by a campfire in the mountains.

Except if you can't evacuate, which is what I faced last year with Matthew. I thought I was so clever with my escape route until I learmed the roads were jammed and that I physically couldn't go anywhere.
04-09-2017, 08:24 AM
(04-09-2017 06:00 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Oh fuck.

Sad

Yeah, it's be a really good time to take a vacation inland.....

Lake of the Ozarks is nice...

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-09-2017, 09:49 AM
(04-09-2017 08:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 06:00 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Oh fuck.

Sad

Yeah, it's be a really good time to take a vacation inland.....

Tongue

I’ll just get of the rock and stay with parents in their cinder block house in the event they need help, they are far enough inland to avoid coastal flooding. They were in that house during Hurricane Andrew and other than a few missing roof tiles and a downed fence they made out all right.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-09-2017, 09:54 AM
(04-09-2017 09:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 08:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah, it's be a really good time to take a vacation inland.....

Tongue

I’ll just get of the rock and stay with parents in their cinder block house in the event they need help, they are far enough inland to avoid coastal flooding. They were in that house during Hurricane Andrew and other than a few missing roof tiles and a downed fence they made out all right.

A good plan too.

Getting out sooner is rarely a mistake. Sticking around to see what happens, can be.

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-09-2017, 10:04 AM
As we speak it’s bumper to bumper getting out of the Keys, the Labor Day crowd. If by Wednesday night or Thursday morning the track hasn’t changed and it still looks like we’ll be getting the brunt we’ll be on the road. I have insurance.

In no particular order:

HURRICANE PLAN

1 Tie up boat with straps to lift
2 Bring in all outdoor furniture & loose items
3 Elevate treadmill and closet items
4 Elevate storage and laundry items
5 Pack keepsakes and valuables
safe box
personal briefcase
Past tax records
2017 binders
Revolver
Camera equipment
Computers
old divelogs
6 Shutters
7 Take both cars to Miami
8 Cooler with water & food non-perishable food
9 Underwater lights
10 Medicines
11 Place bank safe deposit box items in ziplocks

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Positive prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Gotta be ready for the ... spin-offs.

[Image: waterspout_mole_540.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post