Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 05:31 PM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(05-09-2017 05:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 03:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It’s been 12 years since we had a near hit in South Florida, the clock is ticking and I know it.

The Titanic

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the submariners taught me that the safest place to weather a shitstorm of any sort whatsoever, was underwater. Dive, 2pieR, dive. Seriously, keep your hatches buttoned, brother. ... The fuck I'm saying, this ain't your first sharknado rodeo. Big Grin

Wave height expected to exceed twenty feet ON TOP OF surge. Wind speed 140-150 mph. I honestly think our home will not withstand that abuse, I know it won’t. We leave tonight to Miami were my parents have a cinder block home that withstood Hurricane Andrew. They have shutters now and a generator that runs the whole house, something they didn’t have in 1992.

I will most likely be out of touch after Friday when the sharknado hits.

I’m a bit scared G-man. Sadcryface

*that would be 2piR Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
05-09-2017, 06:05 PM
(05-09-2017 05:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 05:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the submariners taught me that the safest place to weather a shitstorm of any sort whatsoever, was underwater. Dive, 2pieR, dive. Seriously, keep your hatches buttoned, brother. ... The fuck I'm saying, this ain't your first sharknado rodeo. Big Grin

Wave height expected to exceed twenty feet ON TOP OF surge. Wind speed 140-150 mph. I honestly think our home will not withstand that abuse, I know it won’t. We leave tonight to Miami were my parents have a cinder block home that withstood Hurricane Andrew. They have shutters now and a generator that runs the whole house, something they didn’t have in 1992.

Jesus Christos, 1piD! Shocking How come you don't just get in the boat and run? Can't out run it?

#sigh
05-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Stay safe. It sounds like you have a very good game plan!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
05-09-2017, 07:23 PM
(05-09-2017 05:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 05:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the submariners taught me that the safest place to weather a shitstorm of any sort whatsoever, was underwater. Dive, 2pieR, dive. Seriously, keep your hatches buttoned, brother. ... The fuck I'm saying, this ain't your first sharknado rodeo. Big Grin

I'm hoping you can stay safe and that your house makes it.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
05-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Best wishes FC!

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
05-09-2017, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 09:35 PM by Aliza.)
(05-09-2017 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 03:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Costco is already sold out or very low on staples and batteries. It's never good when you can't find parking or a shopping cart at 11am on a weekday.

Yay. Fun. Dodgy

Tell me again about that idea EauDeTorment had about how you might like Winter Garden? Does he have a life insurance policy on you? Can I take out a life insurance policy on you too?

At least Winter Park has a peacock flag! And it's inland, too. I really wish I was further inland.

Edit: Should be Winter Park, not Winter Garden.
05-09-2017, 10:52 PM
(05-09-2017 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 05:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Wave height expected to exceed twenty feet ON TOP OF surge. Wind speed 140-150 mph. I honestly think our home will not withstand that abuse, I know it won’t. We leave tonight to Miami were my parents have a cinder block home that withstood Hurricane Andrew. They have shutters now and a generator that runs the whole house, something they didn’t have in 1992.

Jesus Christos, 1piD! Shocking How come you don't just get in the boat and run? Can't out run it?

And go where? The damn thing is going to make a 90 degree turn to starboard and run up the entire peninsula of the State! Shocking

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-09-2017, 10:56 PM
And just because 1 hurricane isn’t enough, now TS Jose is on the heels of Irma! Holy fucking mother of Christ on a stick!

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-09-2017, 11:24 PM
FC glad you're not pulling any "ride it out" shit. Get the hell out of there.

06-09-2017, 12:25 AM
(05-09-2017 07:35 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Tell me again about that idea EauDeTorment had about how you might like Winter Garden? Does he have a life insurance policy on you? Can I take out a life insurance policy on you too?

At least Winter Park has a peacock flag! And it's inland, too. I really wish I was further inland.

Edit: Should be Winter Park, not Winter Garden.

Hug I hate knowing that my friends are in danger Sad Hope you guys'll be OK. We will all be waiting for your messages once the storm has passed.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post