Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2017, 12:26 AM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(05-09-2017 10:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  And just because 1 hurricane isn’t enough, now TS Jose is on the heels of Irma! Holy fucking mother of Christ on a stick!

Jesus, Cuba's totally fucked Sadcryface

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2017, 05:52 AM
(06-09-2017 12:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 07:35 PM)Aliza Wrote:  At least Winter Park has a peacock flag! And it's inland, too. I really wish I was further inland.

Edit: Should be Winter Park, not Winter Garden.

Hug I hate knowing that my friends are in danger Sad Hope you guys'll be OK. We will all be waiting for your messages once the storm has passed.

If this thing skirts up the eastern shore board as Matthew did last year, I'm evacuating. My place isn't cinder block and I don't have shutters and this thing is a whole lot bigger than Matthew was. There's a shelter out west that takes pets, so I'll have to go there.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
06-09-2017, 06:02 AM
Sending love and good thoughts to my Florida and other southeastern friends.

Stay safe. Update when you can.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-09-2017, 06:04 AM
(05-09-2017 10:52 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Jesus Christos, 1piD! Shocking How come you don't just get in the boat and run? Can't out run it?

And go where? The damn thing is going to make a 90 degree turn to starboard and run up the entire peninsula of the State! Shocking

Run from the water and hide from the wind.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
06-09-2017, 06:45 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/06/us/hurrica...index.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
06-09-2017, 07:36 AM
Jesus. I cannot imagine 180 mph winds. Those poor people and animals Sad Ugh

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
06-09-2017, 07:56 AM
Do all the "I" hurricanes hit NYC?
Let's hope not.
Irene was way beyond anything I expected.
Irene peaked at a level 3 with 120 MPH winds.
Looks like Irma has already surpassed it.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
06-09-2017, 08:32 AM
(06-09-2017 07:36 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Jesus. I cannot imagine 180 mph winds. Those poor people and animals Sad Ugh

185 sustained winds. Gusts well into the fuck-you range.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
06-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Interesting exercise yesterday as we packed what we could fit in two cars and left our home. We grabbed the photo albums, a few keepsakes, important paperwork, electronics, SCUBA gear, camera gear and of course food, water, pillows, toiletries, medicine and comfortable clothes.

Also packed some tools, rain gear, and one big, black Doberdor that seemed extremely anxious about the whole process. Stuff that didn’t make the A list: art work, nice clothes, anything from the kitchen and for obvious reasons furniture, TV and the like.

The boat looks like Spiderman got a hold of it. Everything that was outside was brought inside, shutters were closed, gas turned off and tank tied off to column. Video and photos were taken of the inside and outside. Now we make preparations at my parent’s house.

Undecided

New spaghetti tracks are showing the storm might head a bit further east than previously expected. If it turns between the Bahamas and Florida the devastation will be greatly reduced for South Florida. Meanwhile some of my more religious friends are sending prayers our way...I thanked them while biting my tongue. Forgive them Irma for they know not what they do.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
06-09-2017, 08:44 AM
(06-09-2017 08:32 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 07:36 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Jesus. I cannot imagine 180 mph winds. Those poor people and animals Sad Ugh

185 sustained winds. Gusts well into the fuck-you range.

Is that the unofficial term for "level 6"?

[Image: 1446232003_5929cb2a98.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]