Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2017, 12:09 PM
RE: Hurricane Irma
I finished putting up our shutters. We're still watching, getting some bug-out stuff ready just in case, and basically just waiting at this point. I do have a block house, so we should be in pretty good shape even if we get a direct hit, but since we're on the west coast, I think we'll be okay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
06-09-2017, 12:32 PM
(06-09-2017 12:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 11:25 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Did I heard it might go to an unprecedented category 6 hurricane? Is this monster story being attributed to global warming?

No, some people are attributing it to "the gays."

Well, we gotta do something with our super powers... So how about storms why not?
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
06-09-2017, 12:46 PM
(06-09-2017 12:32 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 12:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  No, some people are attributing it to "the gays."

Well, we gotta do something with our super powers... So how about storms why not?

Dibs on "Aurora Monroe"!Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2017, 12:54 PM
(06-09-2017 12:09 PM)Emma Wrote:  I finished putting up our shutters. We're still watching, getting some bug-out stuff ready just in case, and basically just waiting at this point. I do have a block house, so we should be in pretty good shape even if we get a direct hit, but since we're on the west coast, I think we'll be okay.

Hopefully you are far inland. Good luck Emma.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-09-2017, 11:36 PM
I am hoping everybody on the Southwest coast does well, and nobody gets hit hard.
Good luck and best wishes to all.

Your fifteen minutes as the Buddha are up.

Cheerful Charlie
07-09-2017, 01:15 AM
(01-09-2017 04:17 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 03:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Moved thread, Politics seemed like a strange place to post this in when the topic is weather.

Carry on. Drinking Beverage

Methinks that soon TTA will have to have a Climate/Weather section.

Although there might be resistance from the ultra-conservative Climate Section deniers.

Unsure

Folks,

Maybe we should have a fake news section for stuff like this??

D.
07-09-2017, 06:22 AM
I've been looking up on it, I have family in Florida. But I found the whole Price Gouging going on to be just dirty.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
07-09-2017, 07:02 AM
(07-09-2017 06:22 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  I've been looking up on it, I have family in Florida. But I found the whole Price Gouging going on to be just dirty.

The Grim Old Party would be proud.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Stay safe everyone. I was gonna make an "Irma God" pun but that may be a bit much.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Recent FB post says FC is on the move again, this time to Tampa.

Hope they and all our Florida friends come through this okay.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post