Hurricane Patty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Hurricane Patty
Hurricane Patricia heading into Puerto Vallarta MX, packing 200 mph (321 KPH) winds.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world.../74446334/

I guess some kids better re-think plans for spring break - because this just might remove the place from the map.

This is the strongest hurricane ever recorded in the Western Hemisphere.

I hope people are paying attention and EVACUATE!!!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2015, 07:01 AM
RE: Hurricane Patty
That's a hell of a storm. It's amazing how people always end up dying despite generally accurate predictions of hurricanes' paths.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
23-10-2015, 07:15 AM
200 mph winds. That's no joke :/

'Murican Canadian
23-10-2015, 08:12 AM
Quote:I have tequila. I have cat food. I have things to calm my nerves," she told USA TODAY via telephone. "I don't know how you prepare for something like this.
By grabbing your important belongings and getting the fuck out. Don't be an idiot Facepalm

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
23-10-2015, 08:23 AM
tequila and cat food.....

That's one party I can miss, thanks.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-10-2015, 08:27 AM
Patricia is my stepmother's name - she can also be a bit tempestuous and destructive. She goes by "Trisha" so that's what I'm calling this hurricane.
23-10-2015, 09:03 AM
(23-10-2015 08:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  tequila and cat food.....

That's one party I can miss, thanks.....

If things get bad enough, and disaster relief efforts end up overwhelmed, people will be killing for that cat food. Hope she has guns Tongue

'Murican Canadian
23-10-2015, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2015 09:30 AM by Loom.)
I'll never undwrstand why completely able-bodied people won't just pack up and gtfo.

Don't have a car? Walk. Run. If you can physically get away, do it.

This storm is a monster. It is not something you can 'wait out.' If the 200mph winds don't get you, the rain will. A pebble will become a bullet, and the water will be unswimmable from the forces and the debri. Anything that isn't concrete will be flattened.

You can't 'rebuild' a life once it's gone. Praying to a deity isn't going to keep you safe. Taping the windows won't keep the wind out.

If you're in the path, gtfo. Now.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
23-10-2015, 09:27 AM
(23-10-2015 09:21 AM)Loom Wrote:  I'll never undwrstand why completely able-bodied people won't just pack up and gtfo.

This storm is a monster. If the 200mph winds don't get you, the rain will.

You can't 'rebuild' a life once it's gone. Praying to a deity isn't going to keep you safe. Taping the windows won't keep the wind out.

People are weird like that. Some are so stuck in their routines and, in contrast to their claims, completely unprepared, that they'd rather just hide in denial than face the unknown.

'Murican Canadian
23-10-2015, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2015 11:05 AM by Loom.)
(23-10-2015 09:27 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 09:21 AM)Loom Wrote:  I'll never undwrstand why completely able-bodied people won't just pack up and gtfo.

This storm is a monster. If the 200mph winds don't get you, the rain will.

People are weird like that. Some are so stuck in their routines and, in contrast to their claims, completely unprepared, that they'd rather just hide in denial than face the unknown.

And that's why people die. Either they think they can make it, think it won't be 'as bad as they say,' or are so caught off guard that they don't make proper preparations and evacuate. This storm developed incredibly fast.

I went through a Category 2 hurricane as a kid. It was terrifying.

This storm is a whole other nightmare. These people are going to die.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/