Hurricane bawbag.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Hurricane bawbag.
I thought id share with you a bit of humour from my country.

We are in the path of a hurricane with winds up to 165mph, Which we have affectionately named Hurricane Bawbag
scroll down and read the comments from twitter users. Some of the tweets had me in tears laughing.

For those of you not familiar with scottish slang "bawbag" is a derogatory term meaning scrotum.

which is currently one of the top #tag's on twitter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
08-12-2011, 10:50 AM
RE: Hurricane bawbag.
(08-12-2011 10:46 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I thought id share with you a bit of humour from my country.

We are in the path of a hurricane with winds up to 165mph, Which we have affectionately named Hurricane Bawbag
scroll down and read the comments from twitter users. Some of the tweets had me in tears laughing.

For those of you not familiar with scottish slang "bawbag" is a derogatory term meaning scrotum.

which is currently one of the top #tag's on twitter.

Awesome...and good clarification for me...I always thought your name was Scot. Well, I guess it could still be Scot the Scot.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
08-12-2011, 11:02 AM
(08-12-2011 10:50 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Awesome...and good clarification for me...I always thought your name was Scot. Well, I guess it could still be Scot the Scot.

Nah my name is actually Jamie. My username came about through lack of imagination rather than my real name lol.
08-12-2011, 11:04 AM
(08-12-2011 11:02 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(08-12-2011 10:50 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Awesome...and good clarification for me...I always thought your name was Scot. Well, I guess it could still be Scot the Scot.

Nah my name is actually Jamie. My username came about through lack of imagination rather than my real name lol.

Not much imagination in mine either. "Erxomai" is a Greek word loosley pronounced something like, "Eric, Oh my!" Oh, so my name is actually Eric. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
08-12-2011, 11:07 AM
(08-12-2011 11:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Not much imagination in mine either. "Erxomai" is a Greek word loosley pronounced something like, "Eric, Oh my!" Oh, so my name is actually Eric. Smile

See i'd say your username is clever, its both a play on words and an in joke.
08-12-2011, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 11:18 AM by Erxomai.)
(08-12-2011 11:07 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(08-12-2011 11:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Not much imagination in mine either. "Erxomai" is a Greek word loosley pronounced something like, "Eric, Oh my!" Oh, so my name is actually Eric. Smile

See i'd say your username is clever, its both a play on words and an in joke.

I guess I should have clarified...It's a name I've used since my seminary days in the early 90s, so in my mind, it wasn't that clever to use it again. But I did find it very clever years ago. Smile
Does the media go crazy with extended emergency coverage of this sort of stuff there? We feed off that sort of news in the US.

08-12-2011, 11:33 AM
(08-12-2011 11:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Does the media go crazy with extended emergency coverage of this sort of stuff there? We feed off that sort of news in the US.

Unfortunatly it does, well sort of, not so much emergency coverage, more most of the other things in the world have stopped so we will cover this type coverage.

We had an inch of snow here 3 days ago and the media were all over it like it was the first time it had ever happend.

I can't really complain about them covering the hurricane as We've not had one this bad for at least a decade.

I was in college for 2 hours this morning before they decided to close it, Luckily i got home before the worst of it started.
08-12-2011, 12:09 PM
That's freaking hilarious. Big Grin

Been through plenty of hurricanes/typhoons, but never one named like this.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
08-12-2011, 01:06 PM
(08-12-2011 12:09 PM)kineo Wrote:  That's freaking hilarious. Big Grin

Been through plenty of hurricanes/typhoons, but never one named like this.

Officially I don't think it has a name.

Unofficial it's called hurricane bawbag, which im sure is what everyone here will remember it as.
Its unlikely that the media will report it being called bawbag but I really hope they do.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post