Hurricane warning in Ireland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2017, 05:32 AM
RE: Hurricane warning in Ireland
The red sun is being caused by Ophelia dragging debris from the Sahara and from the forest fires affecting Spain and Portugal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41635906

[Image: _98332310_image1.jpg]

[Image: _98330222_dsc_0126.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Silly Deity's post
16-10-2017, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 06:19 AM by Leerob.)
wow that sun.
I cannot see sun at all.
It's starting to get quite windy. I secured things out on the balcony... well i put things in wind quiet corners and rolled up the floor mat.
About 20 minutes ago it went kinda dark.
It is really getting too stormy to be outside because the wind is certainly strong enough send things flying by now. But I do see people walking and driving. Maniacs...

Anyway I am filming every time the weather changes and when it is all over, I will make a clip from the footage

Also yesterday I put a note on the board and in everybody's mail box here in the building, to let my neighbours know I am happy to help with first aid if needed. So earlier today, a neighbour brought me home made candy as a thank you for that. Very nice.

EDIT
First updates on damages and deaths
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hur...30317.html

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
16-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Ok judging by this map
https://www.windy.com/?52.916,-7.767,7,m:e76afYE
I would say the worst is to come in about 20-30 minutes and to stay for a few hours.
120k without electricity at this point. I am happy I had the foresight to cook some shit up because all I got is frozen food pretty much lol.

I can here some horns of emergency services more frequently now. I hear it regulary because there is a hospital and a main road close by, but definitly it is more frequent at this point.
We are at about 40-45km/h wind and i still see people out and cars leaving the complex... They are all a bit crazy here.
And then there is also this lady
https://www.facebook.com/LovinDublin/vid...689823324/

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
16-10-2017, 06:59 AM
So do Leprechauns really bleed green?

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
16-10-2017, 07:31 AM
(16-10-2017 04:56 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  It's completely dark in Scotland. It was very strange, as the morning progressed it just got darker to the point where it felt like dusk. Sometimes landing at Edinburgh airport is like landing in a gas giant. It seems to be lightening up now.

Its gone dark here in southern England too, with a greenish glow to the light, kinda spooky.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
16-10-2017, 07:37 AM
Stay safe, man! Ohmy
16-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Shit, the sky has gone a weird shade of red now its really creepy. Hope Leerob is safe and well, fucking yanks sending their shitty weather over here I mean how inconsiderate. Angry Tongue
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
16-10-2017, 07:54 AM
(16-10-2017 07:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Shit, the sky has gone a weird shade of red now its really creepy. Hope Leerob is safe and well, fucking yanks sending their shitty weather over here I mean how inconsiderate. Angry Tongue

Yeah, tbh, it might be better to hit us in Florida, with our concrete block houses and hurricane shutters and stuff. Undecided
16-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Sad Stay safe

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
16-10-2017, 08:50 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41627442

Quote:A woman in her 50s and a man in his 30s have been killed as the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia hit the British Isles.

Quote:About 120,000 homes in the Irish Republic, and 4000 in Wales, are without power.
The Irish government has deployed the army.
An amber warning for Northern Ireland, Wales, south west Scotland and the Isle of Man is in force until 23:00 BST.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man