Hurricane warning in Ireland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2017, 10:13 AM
RE: Hurricane warning in Ireland
Live webcam in Ireland

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2017, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 10:24 AM by Leerob.)
I have checked the map of the dublin fire brigade where they keep track on where incidents have been reported. luckily none in my district but certainly close enough to take it serious

It keeps gradually getting darker.
Actually really weird to hear nothing but the storm and occasionally a car.
Also hearing the wind whistling around certain corners where it... well where it whistles lol.

I think with the news and outlook for what will hit us here soon, most people are probably at least worried if not scared.
I just have this curiosity.

Also I noticed that our gate to our gated community here doesn't close anymore. every time the automation kicks in to close, the wind pushes it open.
So that is interesting.
Earlier a plane flew over my building. Which is unusual because I am no where near the airport and also this is not the direction that planes usually come from to get there. So that was interesting too.

Here is a flying roof (footage from Cork)
https://twitter.com/EoinBearla/status/91...6614459392

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
16-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Be safe Leerob! Hug
16-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Keep us posted. I'm actually kinda jealous you live in Ireland. Just not so much right now Tongue

Hopefully everyone stays safe over there. Terribly sad to see deaths already.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
16-10-2017, 12:53 PM
So we have floodings, power outages, another death, the roof of a stadium broke. So all over Ireland basically. But mostly on the islands and the coast line.

Here are a few things, some kind of life ticker I guess
https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/1016/912622-storm-ophelia/

i looked at some forecast of the storm and i might just not get the worst of it after all (which I welcome) but we'll see.
We have red wind warning until 1am in all of Ireland.

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
16-10-2017, 01:13 PM
(16-10-2017 12:53 PM)Leerob Wrote:  So we have floodings, power outages, another death, the roof of a stadium broke. So all over Ireland basically. But mostly on the islands and the coast line.

Here are a few things, some kind of life ticker I guess
https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/1016/912622-storm-ophelia/

i looked at some forecast of the storm and i might just not get the worst of it after all (which I welcome) but we'll see.
We have red wind warning until 1am in all of Ireland.

[Image: 000ecb35-800.jpg]

These trees in the road are why you need days of food on hand. These folks aren't going to the store anytime soon and nor are the supply trucks for that matter.

I read in one of the things you posted that the people there in Ireland were unclear about whether they were supposed to turn up for work. I'm concerned the government didn't do an adequate job of informing the citizens of how to prepare and what to expect. No
16-10-2017, 02:18 PM
About turning up for work: Actually my manager told us to bring our work laptop and charger home just in case we cannot get to the office but that we were definitly supposed to work (though not me as I am on PTO but I did offer to jump in if needed)
But I did read somewhere in the morning that everybody was going to get paid and that people should stay inside. But it was in such a tiny side sentence in an article that I can't find anymore. So yea. Ireland doesn't know these kind of storms really. We have one or two storms a year but never so bad that you have to stay inside. So I am not surprised that there was no good advice. I think people just have to do their own research and thinking lol. I did the things that made sense to me, then I came here and listened to some more advice.

Tomorrow morning I want to go down to the main road and see how things are going there. But considering that in the city the wind never went above 45 wind speed (gusts of course higher) I don't think we have big issues. But I do know that the coast lines have issues.

Also I think the worst is over here. the eye of the storm is going over the Northern part of the UK now. The last bibs and bobs are still over Ireland but the worst of the worst is out on the sea.
So hope that the North of the UK is as safe as possible.

- Wotsefack?! -
16-10-2017, 03:08 PM
(16-10-2017 02:18 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I think people just have to do their own research and thinking lol. I did the things that made sense to me, then I came here and listened to some more advice.

Shocking Leerob, have you met "people" before? They're stunningly stupid. One such "person" in Ireland went to clear the roads mid-storm and was attacked by their own chainsaw. "People" cannot be trusted to do their own research.
16-10-2017, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 03:26 PM by Leerob.)
(16-10-2017 03:08 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Shocking Leerob, have you met "people" before? They're stunningly stupid. One such "person" in Ireland went to clear the roads mid-storm and was attacked by their own chainsaw. "People" cannot be trusted to do their own research.

But I am in Ireland, and I did not get attacked by my chainsaw, probably because I don't have one, but I did not get attacked by anything because I stayed inside Big Grin
I did, however, eat myself into a small food coma because that gingerbread from Lidl was just so good!

Here is some footage from different places in Ireland earlier today

- Wotsefack?! -
16-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear you didn't get eaten by a chainsaw. Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post