Hurricanes Are God's Wrath (Merged)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2017, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 05:49 AM by BikerDude.)
RE: here we go again: televangelist says huricane is god's wrath
The irony is that Televangelists are clearly "God's" wrath.
Oh my God (no pun intended)!
I just actually watched the video.
It's Jim Baker.
Clear evidence that you just can't fix stupid.
These guy are rubber ducks.
You can't sink them even if you try.

It's the wrath of Tammy Faye Baker.
From the grave.
Religion is stupid everywhere.
But there is a particular type of stupidity in the religion of the bible belt in the US that exceeds all other brands.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2017, 05:54 AM
They cold read their audience and say what the crowd wants to here. And what they want to hear is that they're superior to the people who aren't in that barn right now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
08-09-2017, 06:09 AM
God has a heavenly dart board and that's how he determines which areas to "wrath." Fucking ridiculous.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-09-2017, 06:16 AM
I believe the correct term is "mysterious ways".

[Image: 3410005c29eacc157aaf48db5b05b7f51382565a...1bced2.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
08-09-2017, 06:57 AM
You would think any all-knowing, all-powerful God could punish (or kill) everyone he disliked on an individual basis.

What is he, a little boy stomping on an ant mound?
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
08-09-2017, 07:11 AM
I'm still waiting for those good storms that come along and instantly create hospitals, medical equipment, cures for major diseases, etc.

Or how about those good storms that hit famine strict areas of the world, dropping piles of magical imperishable food, with houses that spring up from the ground containing electricity and running water.

If you believe your god is only responsible for destruction, then you need a new god or perhaps, none at all if your silly ass mind will allow it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
08-09-2017, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 07:26 AM by Loom.)
Natural disasters:

Theists: "God's wrath! Armageddon! End of Times! Repent!"

Non-theists: "Man this sucks."

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
08-09-2017, 07:46 AM
(08-09-2017 06:57 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  You would think any all-knowing, all-powerful God could punish (or kill) everyone he disliked on an individual basis.

What is he, a little boy stomping on an ant mound?

He's a category punisher. No
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
08-09-2017, 07:48 AM
I always love how God's wrath manifests like this only during hurricane season, and only in coastal regions. I'd be more prone to consider a hurricane being sent by God if it struck North Dakota in February, or something.

Also, you think that people who believe this sort of thing would be terrified of God. Just like in the Bible, he throws around massive, poorly targeted punishments. He gets angry at group X, then sends a calamity that affects some of group X (but not all of it!), and also some of group Y. Under this system, you could be living in close proximity to a bunch of heathens, get killed by God for their sins, all while a good chunk of them survive!
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
08-09-2017, 07:58 AM
(08-09-2017 07:48 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I always love how God's wrath manifests like this only during hurricane season, and only in coastal regions. I'd be more prone to consider a hurricane being sent by God if it struck North Dakota in February, or something.

Also, you think that people who believe this sort of thing would be terrified of God. Just like in the Bible, he throws around massive, poorly targeted punishments. He gets angry at group X, then sends a calamity that affects some of group X (but not all of it!), and also some of group Y. Under this system, you could be living in close proximity to a bunch of heathens, get killed by God for their sins, all while a good chunk of them survive!

But God loves you... Hobo Talk about a split personality.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi