• 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2017, 05:56 PM
RE: Kirk Cameron: Hurricanes Are Sent By God
Tracey Gold is sexy!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Whenever the weather gets shitty I don't become humble I get mad as hell. And the worse it gets than angrier I become. Fuck being humble.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-09-2017, 06:54 PM
If so then fuck god. And his idiot followers.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
08-09-2017, 07:22 PM
I would love to hear Kirk's rationale when the hurricane goes after devout Christians. Mysterious ways, I'm assuming. Or maybe *those* Christians weren't true believers or maybe God was teaching them a lesson that they had to learn or maybe God wanted to draw them closer to him through mass tragedy. Sad.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-09-2017, 07:28 PM
RE: here we go again: televangelist says huricane is god's wrath
(08-09-2017 02:57 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  ...
I just can't fathom the thought process on this.

It's an under-developed frontal lobe.

Here's the 'thought' process:

[Image: ITIL-v3-Event-managmeent.jpg]
Note: This is the simplified version from 2007. I couldn't find the 2011 version on Google Images.

The 'Event Correlation' part happens in the limbic system which handles motivation, emotion, learning, and memory.

There must be a baseline (against which to correlate) and this baseline helps to formulate the emotional basis of an individual's ethics - an ethical baseline.

The complicated-looking right-chunk of the diagram is where the frontal lobe kicks in with its combination of subconscious (motor function, spontaneity, memory, initiation, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior) and conscious (problem solving, memory, language, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior) cognitive Apps.

It's this latter part that is missing or under-developed in the theist's brain. Tongue

Back to the Ethical Baseline... Using Divinity Ethics means that one can conserve glucose energy by outsourcing the heavy-duty thinking to an imaginary third party.

[Image: jt55de.jpg]

Therefore the 'lack of thought' process goes:
Event: Hurricane
Event Notification Generated: Probably oblivious that scientists (not the gods) have generated the satellite images of the storm that are being shown on the news.
Event Detected: Holy fuck! That's a big one!
Event Filtered: Significance = Warning!
Event Correlation: It's a sin!
Triggered: Yes!
Auto-response: Pray
Alert: Blame the Gays via social media
Human Intervention: None. It's gods' will.
Review Actions: Yup. I did my best.
Effective: Yes. Plus points in St. Pete's book of good deeds.
Close Event.

Angel

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
08-09-2017, 07:29 PM
(08-09-2017 07:22 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I would love to hear Kirk's rationale when the hurricane goes after devout Christians. Mysterious ways, I'm assuming. Or maybe *those* Christians weren't true believers or maybe God was teaching them a lesson that they had to learn or maybe God wanted to draw them closer to him through mass tragedy. Sad.

I would love to feed him his own brain.

#sigh
08-09-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: Hurricanes Are God's Wrath (Merged)
Nothing says "perfect love" quite like 175-mph winds tearing your home apart. Cameron's got a bad case of Stockholm Syndrome.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-09-2017, 12:58 AM
Exodus. God kills first born of all the Egyptians. Now, God who supposedly hates queers does not kill all the queers, like Egypt's first born. So obviously God today does not hate the queers as much as some stupid Christians think. Hurricanes kill those who build flimsy homes in low lying hurricane zones, and refuse to evacuate when hurricanes do in fact come. And kills lots of cute baby squirrels and baby birds and kitties and puppies. God hates small furry and feathered animals. Any questions?

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
09-09-2017, 04:59 AM
(08-09-2017 07:48 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I always love how God's wrath manifests like this only during hurricane season, and only in coastal regions. I'd be more prone to consider a hurricane being sent by God if it struck North Dakota in February, or something.

Erm, it's always tornado season here. We had one on New Years Eve 2010. I dodged it on the way to the hospital.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2017, 05:30 AM
(08-09-2017 07:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 02:57 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  ...
I just can't fathom the thought process on this.

It's an under-developed frontal lobe.

Here's the 'thought' process:

[Image: ITIL-v3-Event-managmeent.jpg]
Note: This is the simplified version from 2007. I couldn't find the 2011 version on Google Images.

The 'Event Correlation' part happens in the limbic system which handles motivation, emotion, learning, and memory.

There must be a baseline (against which to correlate) and this baseline helps to formulate the emotional basis of an individual's ethics - an ethical baseline.

The complicated-looking right-chunk of the diagram is where the frontal lobe kicks in with its combination of subconscious (motor function, spontaneity, memory, initiation, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior) and conscious (problem solving, memory, language, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior) cognitive Apps.

It's this latter part that is missing or under-developed in the theist's brain. Tongue

Back to the Ethical Baseline... Using Divinity Ethics means that one can conserve glucose energy by outsourcing the heavy-duty thinking to an imaginary third party.

[Image: jt55de.jpg]

Therefore the 'lack of thought' process goes:
Event: Hurricane
Event Notification Generated: Probably oblivious that scientists (not the gods) have generated the satellite images of the storm that are being shown on the news.
Event Detected: Holy fuck! That's a big one!
Event Filtered: Significance = Warning!
Event Correlation: It's a sin!
Triggered: Yes!
Auto-response: Pray
Alert: Blame the Gays via social media
Human Intervention: None. It's gods' will.
Review Actions: Yup. I did my best.
Effective: Yes. Plus points in St. Pete's book of good deeds.
Close Event.

Angel

I gotta say that when I see these flow charts (if that's the correct term for the first one) this is what comes to mind as my eyes glaze over...

... twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was...*

And this is why I don't understand a lot of what you say DLJ. Undecided

*Alice's Restaurant/Arlo Guthrie

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat