Hurricanes Are God's Wrath (Merged)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2017, 06:22 AM
RE: Hurricanes Are God's Wrath (Merged)
(08-09-2017 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 05:34 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Clearly, Kirk Cameron is a shitty Christian if he and his army of the devoted couldn't counteract this storm. Try harder, assholes. Call me when your prayers actually work.

He's not holding bananas right. He holds them upside down while making his case for why evolution couldn't have caused this. He's not even a good stupid monkey, he gives a bad name to stupid monkeys.

You're assuming he was going to eat the banana...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2017, 08:26 AM
If you try to imagine what's going on in Kirk Cameron's mind it is really surreal. Putting aside some sort of Zeus like deity brewing up storms consider that he thinks other people think some other deity called Mother Nature is "angry". And if that's unfairly literal then just the idea that something supernatural with emotion creates and controls storms. The entire thought process that nature is trying to tell us something or a god is trying to show us something, all of it is so baffling it's hard to believe another person with gray matter assumably fairly similar to my own could live 50 or so years and reach these sorts of conclusions. If my dog could speak English and said that shit I would think holy fuck you are one seriously stupid dog. It's a weird analogy to use animal intelligence to emphasize how stupid it is but it's actually really hard to put it into context. Everything he says in that video is so stupid that it's hard to understand how such a stupid brain can even formulate the words to express the thoughts.
09-09-2017, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2017 12:53 PM by Reltzik.)
Apparently God views prepositional apologetics as a way of punishing us.

That's why we're being subjected to so many Sye-clones.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
09-09-2017, 01:31 PM
It's funny you know; if you were to pass Bakker or Joyner in the street without speaking with either man, you'd assume that each was a normal, intelligent human being. And yet you'd be totally and absolutely wrong.

You wouldn't trust Jim Bakker—who can't even spell his surname correctly—and who's spent jail time for fraud and conspiracy to tell you the time of day, and nor would you trust former bankrupt and tax evader Rick Joyner, who sincerely believes that his god raises people from the dead LOL.

It's actually hard to believe that these scumbags have even a single functioning brain to share between them—considering their joint ignorance of 8th-grade science.

And I'm guessing that poor old Jimbo's now thinking that this was all a misdirected gift from Satan himself...

[Image: hahn3.jpg]

Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-09-2017, 01:34 PM
(08-09-2017 07:47 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Nothing says "perfect love" quite like 175-mph winds tearing your home apart. Cameron's got a bad case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Forgive me quoting myself; I just wanted to show this photographic evidence of God's Perfect Love:

[Image: irma-st-martin-rt4-ml-170907_4x3_992.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Oh it gets better, something about fires in the south and the flooding. Saw it on my moms facebook. Something about the End Times and it being Now.

These people are grasping at straws.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
12-09-2017, 05:35 AM
(09-09-2017 01:34 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 07:47 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Nothing says "perfect love" quite like 175-mph winds tearing your home apart. Cameron's got a bad case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Forgive me quoting myself; I just wanted to show this photographic evidence of God's Perfect Love:

It would be interesting to see how many of those structures were owned by someone affiliated with the Christian religion, I would guess about 50-75%.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-09-2017, 06:20 AM
(12-09-2017 05:35 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-09-2017 01:34 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Forgive me quoting myself; I just wanted to show this photographic evidence of God's Perfect Love:

It would be interesting to see how many of those structures were owned by someone affiliated with the Christian religion, I would guess about 50-75%.
It'd be a stretch, but surely there is a way to map out the houses destroyed/damaged and those not destroyed/damaged, and which of them were owned by the theist, and any of those owned by atheists?

It wouldn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things, and also has the chance of "look all the atheist places were destroyed", but there is also a chance you could be able to say:

A) "look all houses were hit equally, no matter the race/religion etc"

or

B) All theists houses smashed up, all Atheist residences totally fine. Therefore, God is an atheist Laugh out load

When life gives you lemons, just remember you are an....
(18-09-2017 09:47 AM)vahaaao Wrote:  Irresponsible bachelor daddy
12-09-2017, 07:19 AM
(11-09-2017 08:05 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Oh it gets better, something about fires in the south and the flooding. Saw it on my moms facebook. Something about the End Times and it being Now.

These people are grasping at straws.
Yes they are grasping at straws but also are looking for a little entertainment. Yes folks, this is entertainment to them. Sitting in judgment of the wickedness around them and gloating over the misfortune of others. It makes them feel, however briefly, less powerless and impotent and misunderstood and rejected. It gives them a little taste of god's promised afterlife where their triumphalist dreams are finally realized.

Clearly they don't really believe the End is Now or they would behave differently, and if the End turns out not to be Now they would be disillusioned, yet never are. It is like a child playing with dolls; at some level they know it's just fantasy, entirely under their control.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
12-09-2017, 07:21 AM
(12-09-2017 06:20 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  It'd be a stretch, but surely there is a way to map out the houses destroyed/damaged and those not destroyed/damaged, and which of them were owned by the theist, and any of those owned by atheists?

It wouldn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things, and also has the chance of "look all the atheist places were destroyed", but there is also a chance you could be able to say:

A) "look all houses were hit equally, no matter the race/religion etc"

or

B) All theists houses smashed up, all Atheist residences totally fine. Therefore, God is an atheist Laugh out load
Well they aren't interested in looking at actual facts so it'd be a wasted exercise.