Hurricsne Matthew is now biblical prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2016, 11:40 AM
RE: Hurricsne Matthew is now biblical prophecy
(06-10-2016 10:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 09:58 AM)jennybee Wrote:  It would be nice if bible thumpers actually read passages in their correct historical context *for once* instead of using them to incorrectly explain current events. This passage has mostly to do with Jesus pissing off the Romans, not a hurricane in 2016.

The skull appearance is apophenia (a scientific explanation as to why we see images that are not really there). Additionally, from a CNN article: "Paul Meyer, an atmospheric scientist at NASA's Earth Science Office, told CNN that the skull's "teeth" are cold convective clouds."

Looks like the Grinch, not a skull, to me. Consider

I thought it looked like a walker from The Walking Dead franchise. Which totally makes sense that God would make it look that way since the start of the new season of WD is coming up on October 23. Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 11:41 AM
(06-10-2016 10:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 09:58 AM)jennybee Wrote:  It would be nice if bible thumpers actually read passages in their correct historical context *for once* instead of using them to incorrectly explain current events. This passage has mostly to do with Jesus pissing off the Romans, not a hurricane in 2016.

The skull appearance is apophenia (a scientific explanation as to why we see images that are not really there). Additionally, from a CNN article: "Paul Meyer, an atmospheric scientist at NASA's Earth Science Office, told CNN that the skull's "teeth" are cold convective clouds."

Looks like the Grinch, not a skull, to me. Consider

It's Pajama Sam.

[Image: latest?cb=20110307071523]
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
06-10-2016, 11:52 AM
[Image: Numerology%2BMeme.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
06-10-2016, 12:04 PM
(06-10-2016 11:52 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: Numerology%2BMeme.jpg]

Weren't you in Matthew's path? How did you fare?
06-10-2016, 12:23 PM
No, I'm about five or six hundred miles west of The Path.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
06-10-2016, 01:02 PM
(06-10-2016 10:43 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 09:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Woohoo! I won a bet. Thanks, Jewel! Big Grin

You won a bet?? Big Grin on the bible hurricane?

Yeah I bet my old field team partner that pretty soon one of the fundies down there would blame the hurricane on the gayness. Happened with Katrina, too. Undecided

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
06-10-2016, 02:14 PM
So, we have the Matthew hurricane ... which BTW has seriously fucked up Haiti ... so, what about Tornados?
Are we saying that at any minute now - I am currently in a tornado watch - I might experience the Judas tornado? Should I go out and look for signs in the swirling clouds? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-10-2016, 02:35 PM
I don't see why fundies always wanna blame natural disasters on God sending us a message. Well what message? Is the world gonna end, ok just end it already, should we ban gay marriage? Well, we had hurricanes when it was still illegal in most places and Earthquakes and mass shootings, etc. It's hard to know what he wants, I guess he could just tell us but then our free will would be destroyed. Better to destroy our homes and businesses instead.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
06-10-2016, 06:18 PM
(06-10-2016 10:19 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Uh... from a Southern hemisphere perspective, hurricane Mathew looks nothing like a "skull"...

[Image: mathew.png]

Do all the sky pilots live in the Northern hemisphere? Big Grin

I mean once it's been posted everywhere I just can't unsee the skull/ grinch/ whatever else the make it
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
06-10-2016, 07:17 PM
I try to be nice to religious people. I understand the fear of hell because I used to believe that kind of crap. But the whole god sending messages via the weather is something I've always found laughable. God's pissed so only a small portion of humanity will pay the price. At least this time. Then he'll get around to more punishment in another area a week from now. God's version of the drone strike. No need for a sniper like approach for the ones he hates. Just drop a bomb and kill babies and destroy churches and leave good believers homeless. All because he doesn't want two guys jousting.
I asked my aunt why people pray during events like this if it's gods wrath. I asked her if she thinks she can change gods mind or stop him from doing his will. Her answer....Maybe god hasn't made up his mind yet and enough people praying might make him decided to show mercy.
Whatever.
[+] 2 users Like edbaldwin's post