Hurricsne Matthew is now biblical prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2016, 07:22 PM
RE: Hurricsne Matthew is now biblical prophecy
(06-10-2016 07:17 PM)edbaldwin Wrote:  I try to be nice to religious people. I understand the fear of hell because I used to believe that kind of crap. But the whole god sending messages via the weather is something I've always found laughable. God's pissed so only a small portion of humanity will pay the price. At least this time. Then he'll get around to more punishment in another area a week from now. God's version of the drone strike. No need for a sniper like approach for the ones he hates. Just drop a bomb and kill babies and destroy churches and leave good believers homeless. All because he doesn't want two guys jousting.
I asked my aunt why people pray during events like this if it's gods wrath. I asked her if she thinks she can change gods mind or stop him from doing his will. Her answer....Maybe god hasn't made up his mind yet and enough people praying might make him decided to show mercy.
Whatever.

I used to be all "gods will" and what not. It's crazy now looking back and seeing how.. Crazy/ insane it made me sound. Now I can not see anything as being gods will when something like a hurricane bring gods will equals leaving people homeless, killing, and total destruction in multiple places. I feel so sad that I ever thought it was ok to think that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Jewelarcher's post
06-10-2016, 08:54 PM
(06-10-2016 02:14 PM)kim Wrote:  So, we have the Matthew hurricane ... which BTW has seriously fucked up Haiti ... so, what about Tornados?
Are we saying that at any minute now - I am currently in a tornado watch - I might experience the Judas tornado? Should I go out and look for signs in the swirling clouds? Shy

Only if you get 30 pieces of silver out of the deal would it be called, "the Judas tornado". Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Quote:RE: Hurricsne Matthew is now biblical prophecy
I don't see why fundies always wanna blame natural disasters on God sending us a message.

And why does the fucker always send hurricanes to hurricane-prone states and tornadoes to tornado-prone states and earthquakes to earthquake-prone states and wild fires to wild fire-prone states? Has he no originality at all?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 6 users Like Minimalist's post
06-10-2016, 10:02 PM
(06-10-2016 02:14 PM)kim Wrote:  So, we have the Matthew hurricane ... which BTW has seriously fucked up Haiti ... so, what about Tornados?
Are we saying that at any minute now - I am currently in a tornado watch - I might experience the Judas tornado? Should I go out and look for signs in the swirling clouds? Shy

Glad it's passed. Had one touch down about 35 miles north of us earlier this evening. Stupid Judas tornados...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-10-2016, 10:12 PM
As if god actually existed and gave two fucks what in the hell we named 'his' storms. Bunch of self-important jackasses. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-10-2016, 11:47 PM
(06-10-2016 09:58 AM)jennybee Wrote:  It would be nice if bible thumpers actually read passages in their correct historical context *for once* instead of using them to incorrectly explain current events. This passage has mostly to do with Jesus pissing off the Romans, not a hurricane in 2016.

The skull appearance is apophenia (a scientific explanation as to why we see images that are not really there). Additionally, from a CNN article: "Paul Meyer, an atmospheric scientist at NASA's Earth Science Office, told CNN that the skull's "teeth" are cold convective clouds."

Freud works in mysterious ways. I skimmed through your post and read
"correct hysterical context"
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
07-10-2016, 12:57 AM
(06-10-2016 09:43 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:RE: Hurricsne Matthew is now biblical prophecy
I don't see why fundies always wanna blame natural disasters on God sending us a message.

And why does the fucker always send hurricanes to hurricane-prone states and tornadoes to tornado-prone states and earthquakes to earthquake-prone states and wild fires to wild fire-prone states? Has he no originality at all?

God has determined that those who piss him off in certain areas will cause devastating punishment to fall upon their entire neighbourhood, but in different forms on a state by state basis. That's *why* they're tornado/hurricane/earthquake/fire prone. Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-10-2016, 07:27 AM
(06-10-2016 08:41 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  It's all over my Facebook. Hurricane Matthew is Matthew 24 come to life.
All because it was supposedly noticed on sept 24 and was named Matthew.
People are also freaking out at the satellite image caught that makes it look like a skull.

Sure if that's what they want to call it, a hurricane of judgement because this is the worst storm ever, no other storm has been like Matthew.

So is this based on Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

A verse that DOESN'T EVEN MENTION THE WEATHER?

I would think something more precise would be far more effective and impressive if god was punishing a class of people. How about 200,000 lightning strikes that only affected the targets of his alleged wrath?

That would be impressive.....

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
07-10-2016, 07:34 AM
(06-10-2016 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

Only if you get 30 pieces of silver out of the deal would it be called, "the Judas tornado". Tongue

"The Judas Tornado: Next on SyFy."

"We made a weather machine to weaponize tornadoes, but it betrayed us...now Jésus Christos must stop the ravaging of the world by this SUPER TORNADO."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
07-10-2016, 07:36 AM
(07-10-2016 07:34 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Only if you get 30 pieces of silver out of the deal would it be called, "the Judas tornado". Tongue

"The Judas Tornado: Next on SyFy."

"We made a weather machine to weaponize tornadoes, but it betrayed us...now Jésus Christos must stop the ravaging of the world by this SUPER TORNADO."

Sharknado 5?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post