Hurricsne Matthew is now biblical prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2016, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 07:52 AM by jennybee.)
RE: Hurricsne Matthew is now biblical prophecy
(07-10-2016 07:27 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 08:41 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  It's all over my Facebook. Hurricane Matthew is Matthew 24 come to life.
All because it was supposedly noticed on sept 24 and was named Matthew.
People are also freaking out at the satellite image caught that makes it look like a skull.

Sure if that's what they want to call it, a hurricane of judgement because this is the worst storm ever, no other storm has been like Matthew.

So is this based on Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

A verse that DOESN'T EVEN MENTION THE WEATHER?

I would think something more precise would be far more effective and impressive if god was punishing a class of people. How about 200,000 lightning strikes that only affected the targets of his alleged wrath?

That would be impressive.....

Yeah, it's yet another example of cherry picking/distorting passages to feed their delusion. It also says within that passage that the hour of all of this end of times BS is unknown:

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Historically speaking, writing about astronomical events/weather as prophecy was very common during this time period because they saw these things as bad omens as they didn't understand how they worked. They strongly believed that everything bad that happened was due to God's wrath. So it's really not surprising that they put that in there. You can easily find statements like these scattered throughout the Bible.

Interestingly, end of times nuts aren't using verse 9:24 in Matthew--to me that makes more sense Hobo than passage 24 since their reasoning is that Matthew was spotted on September 24. But of course, if you use verse 9:24 in Matthew it doesn't feed their end of times fixation because the verse is:

"Get out!" he told them. "The girl isn't dead; she's only asleep." But the crowd laughed at him.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-10-2016, 08:13 AM
(07-10-2016 07:41 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:27 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So is this based on Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

A verse that DOESN'T EVEN MENTION THE WEATHER?

I would think something more precise would be far more effective and impressive if god was punishing a class of people. How about 200,000 lightning strikes that only affected the targets of his alleged wrath?

That would be impressive.....

Yeah, it's yet another example of cherry picking/distorting passages to feed their delusion. It also says within that passage that the hour of all of this end of times BS is unknown:

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Historically speaking, writing about astronomical events/weather as prophecy was very common during this time period because they saw these things as bad omens as they didn't understand how they worked. They strongly believed that everything bad that happened was due to God's wrath. So it's really not surprising that they put that in there. You can easily find statements like these scattered throughout the Bible.

Interestingly, end of times nuts aren't using verse 9:24 in Matthew--to me that makes more sense Hobo than passage 24 since their reasoning is that Matthew was spotted on September 24. But of course, if you use verse 9:24 in Matthew it doesn't feed their end of times fixation because the verse is:

"Get out!" he told them. "The girl isn't dead; she's only asleep." But the crowd laughed at him.

They are now using Matthew 10 .. Like they are trying hard
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
07-10-2016, 08:25 AM
(07-10-2016 08:13 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:41 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, it's yet another example of cherry picking/distorting passages to feed their delusion. It also says within that passage that the hour of all of this end of times BS is unknown:

They are now using Matthew 10 .. Like they are trying hard

Oh yeah, it's very easy to make the Bible say anything you want it to say--as long as you tweak it and take it out of its historical context. When I was a Christian, some said the Bible predicted Hitler and 1948 Israel and 9/11 etc. etc. And they found passages to back themselves up. They did this by skewing passages and taking them out of their initial and intended meaning to make everything fit.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
07-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Just a thought, has anyone pointed out to these folks that chapter numbers were added later on and weren't present in the original works?

(07-10-2016 07:36 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:34 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "The Judas Tornado: Next on SyFy."

"We made a weather machine to weaponize tornadoes, but it betrayed us...now Jésus Christos must stop the ravaging of the world by this SUPER TORNADO."

Sharknado 5?

...I'd watch it and then deny doing so. Can the sharks all bear stigmata wounds on their flippers and tails?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
07-10-2016, 09:27 AM
(06-10-2016 08:41 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  It's all over my Facebook. Hurricane Matthew is Matthew 24 come to life.
All because it was supposedly noticed on sept 24 and was named Matthew.
People are also freaking out at the satellite image caught that makes it look like a skull.

Sure if that's what they want to call it, a hurricane of judgement because this is the worst storm ever, no other storm has been like Matthew.

Go back to them in a week and ask if it's rapture time already.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
07-10-2016, 09:29 AM
RE: Hurricane Matthew is now biblical prophecy
(06-10-2016 09:29 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Please let's name the next one Odin just to fuck with the Abrahamic followers.

Name them all Jesus. I guarantee you that the Gulf Coast will get real sick of hearing that Jesus is coming again.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
07-10-2016, 11:10 AM
(07-10-2016 07:34 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Only if you get 30 pieces of silver out of the deal would it be called, "the Judas tornado". Tongue

"The Judas Tornado: Next on SyFy."

"We made a weather machine to weaponize tornadoes, but it betrayed us...now Jésus Christos must stop the ravaging of the world by this SUPER TORNADO."

The Crown of Thornado?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-10-2016, 11:11 AM
I’m seeing and getting quite a few “thank Gawd it missed us”. To this I have been asking the question, “So what do you think the Haitians did to piss God off?”

So far only blank stares.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
07-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Good to hear from youSmile
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
07-10-2016, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 11:40 AM by Shai Hulud.)
(07-10-2016 11:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:34 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "The Judas Tornado: Next on SyFy."

The Crown of Thornado?

Also on SyFy in a year or two probably. "The sharks, they're all self resurrecting!! Shoot their crowns!"

Edit:

(07-10-2016 11:11 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m seeing and getting quite a few “thank Gawd it missed us”. To this I have been asking the question, “So what do you think the Haitians did to piss God off?”

So far only blank stares.

Oh let me answer that one for you FC, according to Pat Robertson in previous Haitain woes, that's because they made a pact with Satan.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/

No word yet from the orphanage my old church supports down there, but a secular friend is already on the ground with relief efforts through Heart to Heart International.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post