Hurt by beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2017, 04:04 AM
RE: Hurt by beliefs
(20-01-2017 02:16 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  Thank you all. It's just scary to me, I suppose. During the trip and other times I had met him he was such a nice guy! He really seems to want the best for everyone and such, but -- then to insist that we all deserve hell (whilst ignoring, of course, that Jesus himself never even mentioned something like that existing), and that all the bad in the world is because we've turned from God and left the faith...

How can a person who seems so nice believe something like that?
It tells you a lot about their sense of justice, infinite punishment for finite crimes is a moral atrocity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2017, 05:40 AM
(20-01-2017 02:16 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  Thank you all. It's just scary to me, I suppose. During the trip and other times I had met him he was such a nice guy! He really seems to want the best for everyone and such, but -- then to insist that we all deserve hell (whilst ignoring, of course, that Jesus himself never even mentioned something like that existing), and that all the bad in the world is because we've turned from God and left the faith...

How can a person who seems so nice believe something like that?

It's power of indoctrination (belief) and compartmentalization (being nice about other things than belief) at work.

Or he is just a dick who only appear nice at first to better sell his opiate to masses.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
20-01-2017, 05:48 AM
(18-01-2017 06:47 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  I've suffered so much trying to pull myself away from this belief system. I've made myself sick, I've worried myself to death a thousand times more than ever before (including over his own posts), cried myself to sleep when I realized I just didn't believe anymore, and hell, I didn't WANT to -- and I haven't turned to wickedness at all.

So, you discovered what xianity actually is.

One cannot in all fairness expect better of a cult devoted to death.

I cannot comment on your friend. That's that individual's business.

I have learned that in life people come and go.

Perhaps it's time you simply moved on. I've done it often and it is not hard.

When you finally do return, you find the same people doing the same things.

Meanwhile, you've changed. You've grown.

Life's too short to worry about morons.

Good luck. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post