Hypercommercialization

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2016, 06:00 AM
Hypercommercialization
I was in Walmart the other getting some LED lights - and something caught my attention....

An end cap - full of Disney's "Frozen" -- fishing poles.

HUH????

How the livid fuck do those two things go together??? I'll admit -- I fell asleep during the movie (long story) -- but I don't recall anything to do with fish..... Did Nemo show up or something????

It made me think about over commercialization. To ridiculous ends.

The worst offender I know of -- is Harley Davidson.

Having ridden for over 35 years - I've seen a bunch of crap with the HD logo on it --- everything from beer (understandable) to flower pots.

How fucking caught up in the hype do you have to be to buy Harley Davidson condoms????

I never did buy anything with the HD logo on it (aside from the motorcycle itself) -- I simply thought it stupid to pay somebody to advertise their product for them.

So -- what's the most over-hyped examples you've seen of commercialization??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-04-2016, 06:24 AM
RE: Hypercommercialization
Duck Dynasty. They took it upon themselves to merchandise everything, even energy shots. I expect they probably have dolls and action figures a la Kiss or something.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
05-04-2016, 06:30 AM
Mate I bought my niece Frozen barbie dolls (destroyed within 1 day) and a Frozen soft toy.

My brother said. "No more Frozen. We are done with Frozen."

Mate merchandise is where the money is. Just ask George Lucas. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
05-04-2016, 06:31 AM
(05-04-2016 06:24 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Duck Dynasty. They took it upon themselves to merchandise everything, even energy shots. I expect they probably have dolls and action figures a la Kiss or something.

KISS had action figures back in the 70's. And a movie!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
05-04-2016, 06:34 AM
(05-04-2016 06:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 06:24 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Duck Dynasty. They took it upon themselves to merchandise everything, even energy shots. I expect they probably have dolls and action figures a la Kiss or something.

KISS had action figures back in the 70's. And a movie!

And one of them (Gene Simmons) was the bad guy in a Chuck Norris movie.

The companies are in business to do one thing, make money for their stockholders. I've been told that anything is legit when it comes to meeting that goal. My response was "Great rationalization for slavery, man." Dodgy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2016, 06:42 AM
(05-04-2016 06:34 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 06:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  KISS had action figures back in the 70's. And a movie!

And one of them (Gene Simmons) was the bad guy in a Chuck Norris movie.

The companies are in business to do one thing, make money for their stockholders. I've been told that anything is legit when it comes to meeting that goal. My response was "Great rationalization for slavery, man." Dodgy

Actually, Simmons is cool. He is all about the business. No drugs. Although chicks was his bain. There is a story about how his clothes got mixed up in the wash with everyone elses when he had crabs, then everyone got crabs.....

Perhaps I said too much. Big Grin

Banjo.
05-04-2016, 09:21 AM

They probably do have Duck DieNasty dolls.....

The kids who have them gang up on the Ken Doll and beat the shit outta it, for being a "homeosexshual"..

You know it's just overcompensation.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-04-2016, 10:44 AM
(05-04-2016 06:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I was in Walmart the other getting some LED lights - and something caught my attention....

An end cap - full of Disney's "Frozen" -- fishing poles.

HUH????

How the livid fuck do those two things go together??? I'll admit -- I fell asleep during the movie (long story) -- but I don't recall anything to do with fish..... Did Nemo show up or something????

It made me think about over commercialization. To ridiculous ends.

The worst offender I know of -- is Harley Davidson.

Having ridden for over 35 years - I've seen a bunch of crap with the HD logo on it --- everything from beer (understandable) to flower pots.

How fucking caught up in the hype do you have to be to buy Harley Davidson condoms????

I never did buy anything with the HD logo on it (aside from the motorcycle itself) -- I simply thought it stupid to pay somebody to advertise their product for them.

So -- what's the most over-hyped examples you've seen of commercialization??
Guinness! They also have everything from clocks to golfballs !!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
05-04-2016, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 11:53 AM by Mr. Boston.)
I've been a guitar player for 21 years since my mid-teens. In that time I've seen a fairly sickening proliferation of "lifestyle" goods under major guitar brand names, particularly Fender and Gibson. For some of the products it makes sense. A barstool with the Fender logo is sensible, you can sit on it while you play your guitar. But it's getting ridiculous. Fender fingernail clippers? Gibson Xmas tree lights?

That said, I must admit I do feel a bit of a pull towards THIS, just because it'd be convenient to have in my basement rehearsal area, only mine would have MUCH better beer in it: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/lifestyle...h+Ad+Group

[Image: marshall-amp-fridge-xl.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like Mr. Boston's post
05-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Gibson is losing focus -- clothing and shot-glasses?

Build me a goddamned guitar without binding-bleed or orange-peel in the finish.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post