Hypercommercialization

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: Hypercommercialization
Anybody wants me to advertise their stuff, they have to pay me, not charge me to wear it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
06-04-2016, 04:47 PM
(06-04-2016 10:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Anybody wants me to advertise their stuff, they have to pay me, not charge me to wear it.

Indeed. When I was a kid, up into my 30s, as well, I would cut the little orange "Levi's" tag off my trousers. I cut the "Dickies" tags off my work wear, still.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Disney has to be one of the worst when it comes to commercialization. It seems that every new kid movie that comes out is followed by everything from clothes to dishes to bedding to toys. I can't count how many Elsas have shown up the last couple years on Halloween. Then there is the Christmas wrapping paper, Valentines, and Easter baskets with the same theme...nothing like having a little girl in an Elsa nightgown opening her Elsa themed presents that are wrapped in Elsa paper. Let if fucking go already. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-04-2016, 08:19 PM
(06-04-2016 09:44 AM)Marozz Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 07:54 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I grew up on stories of the Bhoys, I think I heard more about the Lisbon Lions than my own family lol

Now that Rangers have managed to get back into the topflight , we can look forward to some Old Firm games next season. Tongue
All the Rangers fans I know got real silent when they fell down, I'm expecting to hear how great the Rangers are by ..oh ... the second match lol Big Grin

I'm just glad I won't have to tell MY children stories that are a mix of football highlights, Armalite fire, or explosions.Sadcryface

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
07-04-2016, 06:06 AM
(06-04-2016 08:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 09:44 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Now that Rangers have managed to get back into the topflight , we can look forward to some Old Firm games next season. Tongue
All the Rangers fans I know got real silent when they fell down, I'm expecting to hear how great the Rangers are by ..oh ... the second match lol Big Grin

I'm just glad I won't have to tell MY children stories that are a mix of football highlights, Armalite fire, or explosions.Sadcryface

Ah..the good old days. Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
07-04-2016, 06:14 AM
(06-04-2016 10:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Anybody wants me to advertise their stuff, they have to pay me, not charge me to wear it.

I rode Harleys for years, and never bought one of their t-shirts. I always preferred Triumphs. When I got my second new Triumph (1999) - three days after the sale - and I had the bike already -- the dealership called me ---- they had a present from the factory for me -- for being one of the first people in the US to buy a second new Triumph (they started back up in 1995) ------

They gave me a $500 gift certificate --- to buy Triumph accessories.....

I bought a $400 jacket with the Triumph logo on back.

So in effect -- they did pay me - to advertise their brand.

As it should be.

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-04-2016, 03:24 PM
(06-04-2016 12:49 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Alex Van Halen has a bass drum to his right that is a fridge. Smile

He also has a guitarist to his right that is a giant douche bag.
30-04-2016, 05:47 AM
(05-04-2016 06:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 10:44 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Guinness! They also have everything from clocks to golfballs !!

Almost everything I own with a brand or logo was a gift from someone else: I've got Guinness glasses (ok that's fine) a Guinness t-shirt ( I only wear suits so it lives in my laundry bin) all the way to a 3 foot tall stereo speaker in the shape of a pint of Guinness. Why does that even exist? What kind of pikey house do you think I live in?

Now that said....my lizard brain triggers e erytime I see anything Celtic FC and I have to buy it. Outside of that I don't buy anything like that.

Came across these on special offer (cheap). To be fair they taste pretty good. Tongue

[Image: 58GkBpM.jpg]

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
30-04-2016, 05:51 AM
That's fairly legit --- as the sausage DOES have Guinness in them..............

Not the same can be said for a Harley Davidson condom..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-04-2016, 07:53 AM
easy

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post