Hypocrite alert. Herman Cain.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Hypocrite alert. Herman Cain.
"Our Constitution guarantees the separation of church and state," Cain said in an interview with Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.”

Herman Cain you fat jerk, you...article here.

Snort...

Every time you say you don't believe, Jesus rips the wings off a fairy. - SkepticalParenting.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2011, 12:07 AM
RE: Hypocrite alert. Herman Cain.
Right, so the 10 commandments are not laws after all? I guess it's a bit of a stretch to keep calling them "commandments" then.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
18-07-2011, 06:53 AM
You know you're a scary mofo when you make Bachmann look sane and reasonable.

I know a lot of Republicans and most of them are normal, sane people and would be fairly disgusted by this if they saw it. What is most disappointing to me about this is not so much this asshat making comments like this, but the lack of rebuttal and disgust from other candidates and leaders within his party.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
18-07-2011, 10:51 AM
It's just that this guy is crazy religious. He is such a hypocrite. He can say separation of church & state, hey I'm all for that, but will he hold that line when it comes to teaching ID in schools? And if it's all separate, why do we hear so much of his faith? If I say I don't care at all what you eat, then I can NOT shut up about how disgusting & stupid your food is, & how delicious & sensible mine is, it rather ruins the "I don't care what you eat" argument.

Here's a test for politicians & religious nuts: imagine their argument coming from your own child. If you would then administer to said child dope slap/parental death ray glare/withholding of nintendo DS because they were passive aggressive/tried to game the system/treated you like someone with the IQ of a poorly bred golden retriever, then why put up with it from an adult who wants to control some portion of your life?

Every time you say you don't believe, Jesus rips the wings off a fairy. - SkepticalParenting.com
18-07-2011, 11:06 AM
As a side question here, which one of the republican candidates is supposed to be sensible? All I've seen are people I wouldn't trust in the care of a dog.

You know I'm not on a political side, but slightly interested. Hoping that I won't be here to find out what happens though ^^"

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
18-07-2011, 05:05 PM
(18-07-2011 11:06 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  As a side question here, which one of the republican candidates is supposed to be sensible? All I've seen are people I wouldn't trust in the care of a dog.

You know I'm not on a political side, but slightly interested. Hoping that I won't be here to find out what happens though ^^"

I would say that Ron Paul is sensible, which most people would snicker at given his reputation as a crackpot. He's not strictly a Republican, as all of his political views align with the "typical independent" point-of-view. He doesn't hate gays, women who abort their unborn children, or taxes. He has liberal morals and believes in a flat tax rate. I think that's all perfectly sane.

But many people are opting for "none of the above", and there's a lot of sense in that, too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2011, 08:53 PM
I generally opt for none of the above. I was just wondering since there's a good chance someone is getting elected next year.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
19-07-2011, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2011 04:36 AM by Bucky Ball.)
I can't believe Wallace let him go unchallenged. To Mr. Cain, ((who says that Islam is the only religion with it's own internal legal system, (Sharia law), and thus unconstitutional by some strange logic)) I have two words : Canon Law.
The Roman Catholic church has a huge set of laws and hundreds, if not thousands, of lawyers in this country. He is simply stating an outright falsehood on Fox news and getting away with it. The next time the RCs want to build a new church Mr. Cain better get his big mouth a-flappin and oppose that too because it's the same thing. Sheesh.
Sorry, I should have thought of this before I posted the below.

General : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_law

Methodists : The Book of Discipline : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Dis...Methodist)

Episcopalians : Anglican church (Canon) law : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_law_(...ed_States)

Catholics : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_law_(...ic_Church)

But never mind, Islam is the only group with their own legal system. Yeah right.
Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-07-2011, 04:39 AM
You forget that this was on fox news. Where christianity is just reality instead of a choice.

19-07-2011, 07:18 AM
You can add the Jews to that list : Halacha Law : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halakha

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche