Hypocrites[DarkMatter2525 video]
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Video Hypocrites[DarkMatter2525 video]
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 06:22 PM
RE: Hypocrites[DarkMatter2525 video]
Death threats! How appropriate, considering mass murder is what paved the road for Christianity to be the predominant world religion today.
Jesus would be so....proud! Rolleyes

Christians see this as a holy war in the 21st century. They believe they're fully entitled to exercise their freedom of religion while in majority, as the 200+ students in this school in the video were well aware as they outnumbered the one atheist protesting the graduation prayer. While they don't accept any one is entitled to demand the right to be free of religion in a government funded public school system.

Unfortunately, it's a battle that will be waged for quite some time. Especially when Christian students in public school are bolstered by decisions like this one.
Appeals court overturns graduation prayer ban

It is true. It's not a matter of forbidding prayer. Or outlawing religion. It's a matter of respect and that if a Christian wishes to pray they can pray to themselves without public ceremony afforded and against the law, in a public school environment. A moment of silence is ample opportunity. While instead, a bold aloud prayer imparts the lesson to every student attending any public school ceremony, that the special privilege to violate the law is accorded to the Christian students among them.
Which lends an impacting statement to atheists, agnostics, Jews, Buddhists, Pagans, and any non-Christian paying attention. There's only one exception to the rules.
Which I have no doubt the Wiccan's in a graduation ceremony offering up a graduation ritual to their goddesses and god's, as an example, would soon find out.
08-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Here is what I see: I kid standing up to hundreds of believers who, with mere words, reduced them to quivering-voiced, sniveling, misty-eyed group chanting. Hundreds circled their wagons and excluded and ostracized a single boy. What does it say about their 'faith'? How sure are they that a kid asking them to obey the law shocked and confronted an entire community that they had to resort to his own parents disowning him?

You know what, I take it all back. He's not a 'kid' or a 'boy'. That is an adult.
[+] 1 user Likes itry2brational's post
08-06-2011, 08:07 PM
That fills me with rage. I don't think I could properly place into words what I feel about this criminal behavior.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheKetola's post
08-06-2011, 08:52 PM
I watched that video some time ago, its pretty good.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
09-06-2011, 01:30 AM
(08-06-2011 08:52 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  I watched that video some time ago, its pretty good.

Is it a re-post/re-do of an older video? He released this one June 5th. Damon's graduation was just on May 20th. This story needs to be national news.
11-06-2011, 10:55 AM
I would absolutely have loved it if an atheist student could have spoken right after the girl who led the prayer and read the bible verse in the video about not saying prayers in public. I would fear for their safety, but would have liked it.

The atheists prayer, "Lord, deliver me from the idiots that believe in you!" Tongue

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user