Hypocritical Bible Thumpers And Their Bullshit Patiriotism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Hypocritical Bible Thumpers And Their Bullshit Patiriotism
I can't count how many times I've come across posts like this in the comments section of articles, or on Facebook posts:

[Image: Pol-513.gif]

Yes, these are always posted by the Bible tumping "true Americans". They feel that they should be able to force their religious bullshit down the throats of anybody living in the U.S., and if somebody doesn't like it, then they just need to leave. They also consider speaking out against the actions of the U.S. Government as an act of hatred towards the U.S., and that, again, anyone who does so is "not a true American" and that those people need to leave.

I like to respond by posting this:

[Image: us-constitution-pdf-logo.jpg]

Then I tell them that if they don't respect and honor this, then I will gladly help their hypocritical asses pack their bags so that they can move to another country that denies them what that document says.

Needless to say, they don't like my response. Big Grin

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
23-05-2014, 07:53 PM
RE: Hypocritical Bible Thumpers And Their Bullshit Patiriotism
Besides religion, if there's one thing that makes me want to puke its patriotism...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Sam's post
23-05-2014, 07:57 PM
It's great in the sense that they're so into their religion and patriotism that they're so so so easy to piss off.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
23-05-2014, 08:03 PM
[Image: hoff_germany.gif]

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
23-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Re: Hypocritical Bible Thumpers And Their Bullshit Patiriotism
Am I not free to leave if I did respect the flag? I at least admire their lacking usages of logic.

Also, exactly where are those mile markers to Mexico and Canada from? last week I was less than 50 miles from Mexico and now I'm under 300 from Canada.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
23-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Can someone explain to me how you "disrespect" a piece of fabric?

My dad told me about how in Britain in 1967, everyone suddenly started wearing military gear, because of the Sgt Pepper album cover... He went to Tenby for a big hippie bash wearing his dad's old RAF uniform, with rainbow pants and a straw hat. A policeman hassled him for it... Accusing him of "insulting the uniform".

What the fuck does that mean?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
23-05-2014, 08:36 PM
(23-05-2014 08:28 PM)Sam Wrote:  Can someone explain to me how you "disrespect" a piece of fabric?

My dad told me about how in Britain in 1967, everyone suddenly started wearing military gear, because of the Sgt Pepper album cover... He went to Tenby for a big hippie bash wearing his dad's old RAF uniform, with rainbow pants and a straw hat. A policeman hassled him for it... Accusing him of "insulting the uniform".

Certain things become a symbol. Sometimes clothes become a symbol of something popular. Like when you see a Stormtroopers costume, its a symbol for Star Wars. When your Dad when in there with that old uniform but put on the rainbow pants and straw hat, its as if he was mocking what that military uniform stood for.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-05-2014, 08:40 PM
(23-05-2014 08:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 08:28 PM)Sam Wrote:  Can someone explain to me how you "disrespect" a piece of fabric?

Certain things become a symbol. Sometimes clothes become a symbol of something popular. Like when you see a Stormtroopers costume, its a symbol for Star Wars. When your Dad when in there with that old uniform but put on the rainbow pants and straw hat, its as if he was mocking what that military uniform stood for.

Yeah but the american flag as a symbol for loving america as it is, is self imposed. Questioning and criticizing is neither american nor america-hating. Saying you disrespect the flag is just a more emotionally charged way of saying they disagree with your politics Facepalm .
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
23-05-2014, 08:43 PM
(23-05-2014 08:40 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 08:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Certain things become a symbol. Sometimes clothes become a symbol of something popular. Like when you see a Stormtroopers costume, its a symbol for Star Wars. When your Dad when in there with that old uniform but put on the rainbow pants and straw hat, its as if he was mocking what that military uniform stood for.

Yeah but the american flag as a symbol for loving america as it is, is self imposed. Questioning and criticizing is neither american nor america-hating. Saying you disrespect the flag is just a more emotionally charged way of saying they disagree with your politics Facepalm .

That's true.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-05-2014, 08:51 PM
(23-05-2014 08:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Well, being anti-war, counter culture hippies, they kind of were mocking everything a military uniform stands for... War, violence, conformity, discipline, authority etc.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post