Hypocritical Bible Thumpers And Their Bullshit Patiriotism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: Hypocritical Bible Thumpers And Their Bullshit Patiriotism
(23-05-2014 08:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Am I not free to leave if I did respect the flag? I at least admire their lacking usages of logic.

Also, exactly where are those mile markers to Mexico and Canada from? last week I was less than 50 miles from Mexico and now I'm under 300 from Canada.

I think it has to be in Florida. That's the only state within 215 miles of Cuba.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Aren't these the same people who claim this is a Christian country and all non Christians can go find another country if they don't like that fact?

If so, than they need to be the ones who fuck off to another country! Might I suggest Saudi Arabia?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-05-2014, 09:06 PM
(23-05-2014 09:04 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Aren't these the same people who claim this is a Christian country and all non Christians can go find another country if they don't like that fact?

If so, than they need to be the ones who fuck off to another country! Might I suggest Saudi Arabia?

I can just imagine an arab guy riding a camel from mosque to mosque shouting "The christians are coming, the christians are coming!". Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
23-05-2014, 09:25 PM
(23-05-2014 08:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Am I not free to leave if I did respect the flag? I at least admire their lacking usages of logic.

Also, exactly where are those mile markers to Mexico and Canada from? last week I was less than 50 miles from Mexico and now I'm under 300 from Canada.

You need to remember, these are Republicans - a party whose supporters are made up of a huge number of dimwitted rednecks...they're not the sharpest pencils in the box.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
23-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Having no real country of my own (the longest I have lived in a single country is 3 years) I have always found national patriotism an odd concept. I mean I get why governments encourage it, obviously, but I have never got why the Average Joe does, especially one who is a student of History.

I would have thought the dangers of, especially aggressive, nationalistic patriotism had been made manifestly evident over the last 200 years.

It's especially disturbing to me when the lines on the map are given a higher importance then the peoples right to self governance.

Just my thoughts on it hahaBig Grin
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-05-2014, 10:43 PM
(23-05-2014 10:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Having no real country of my own (the longest I have lived in a single country is 3 years) I have always found national patriotism an odd concept. I mean I get why governments encourage it, obviously, but I have never got why the Average Joe does, especially one who is a student of History.

I would have thought the dangers of, especially aggressive, nationalistic patriotism had been made manifestly evident over the last 200 years.

It's especially disturbing to me when the lines on the map are given a higher importance then the peoples right to self governance.

Just my thoughts on it hahaBig Grin

I think people just get to the point where they call that country home and it becomes a significant object to them. Like when a guy defends his girlfriend because his girlfriend means a lot to him and doesn't like it when people disrespect her, someone thinks of their country that way, they love their country and get upset when someone disrespects it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
23-05-2014, 10:45 PM
(23-05-2014 10:43 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I think people just get to the point where they call that country home and it becomes a significant object to them. Like when a guy defends his girlfriend because his girlfriend means a lot to him and doesn't like it when people disrespect her, someone thinks of their country that way, they love their country and get upset when someone disrespects it.

So it becomes a part of their self identification in a way?
23-05-2014, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 10:58 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
Actually, I saw an interesting article, I think in the current Xtardianity Today (will try to look it up), addressing this very phenomenon. And xtian traced the whole political to the political marketing arm of the Reagan campaign IIRC.

Damn, gonna have to look that up....

EDIT: It's called "Losing My Religion", by Randall Balmer.

He's an xtian, and his analysis and conclusion is that the "Moral Majority", the catholic war on women, the religious political polarization and their "culture war" they are waging in the US, etc, was and is NOT a good thing for xtianity.

Can't seem to find it on the web without having to pay for it. Angry

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-05-2014, 02:16 AM
They should make toilet paper where each segment has an American flag print on it.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-05-2014, 02:21 AM
(24-05-2014 02:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  They should make toilet paper where each segment has an American flag print on it.

"I thought," he said, "that if the world was going to end we were meant to lie down or put a paper bag over our head or something."
"If you like, yes," said Ford.
"That's what they told us in the army," said the man, and his eyes began the long trek back down to his whisky.
"Will that help?" asked the barman.
"No."

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post