Hypocritical Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2012, 10:02 AM
RE: Hypocritical Christians
I told one of my Christian friends about this news and she was aghast and said, "How un-Christian!" So, I know that it is definitely not "all Christians" that are behaving this way. It's just a large group of Christians living in that town.

They're proving that if you give a religion prestige, it's followers will feel that they are given license to trample over the constitutional rights of others.

I wonder - would the have the same outcry over this if it was a Wiccan or a Hindi student?

My Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2012, 10:35 AM
(16-01-2012 10:02 AM)dreamingfifi Wrote:  I wonder - would the have the same outcry over this if it was a Wiccan or a Hindi student?

As in a student of the language? You're shooting for Hindu, I presume. Cool

Anyway, I don't accept the "No true Scotsman" as an argument. Fact is, these were Christians and this is how they acted. It's not judging all on the actions of a few, it's pointing out the irony that these Christians would respond this way when their religion is one of peace. Additionally, the very banner they are incensed over says, "Smile when we lose as well as when we win"

Perhaps as Atheists we could start selling, "What would Jesus Do?" bracelets!

In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms.

--Stephen Jay Gould
16-01-2012, 10:40 AM
(16-01-2012 08:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Every group has their fools.

Christianity is no different; although, it is very sad when "Christians" act like this.

How would you stop it? Are each one of them interpreting and then acting on those things incorrectly?
Fundies are just following what the book says based on their interpretation of it.
Until you or the religious leaders of the world can provide a proper and universally accepted methodology that all of theology would use, inconsistent behavior will always result.

Let's keep things straight here for a second too.
The fact that there are SO many different "groups" of delusional people that KNOW god and his true meaning is what is foolish here.
The resulting behavior is just a side effect.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2012, 11:54 AM
This type of behavior is disgusting. Angry The articles do make a good point that there are often too few real Christians standing up to denounce this behavior. It's easier to pile on the hatred than to be rational about it. But I also think that the online forum provides a place where people will express their thoughts unchecked by rationality whereas in real life they may think twice about saying some of those things to a person's face.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
16-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Hmm, in real live I'm a rougher man than on fora.
In real live I say what I want, and yes sometimes I be fired because I don't shut my mouth.
Maybe my posture helps me in real live......... 1 meter 92 and 105 Kg
At least on the Internet I'm be more sophisticated than real. Big Grin

Note: To send this message, no trees cut down,
although there are many electrons severely hindered.
All the bits are reused.

Future World

73 Jim .--. . .---- .-. . .- PE1REA
Email, put amsat dot org behind the call
[+] 1 user Likes Jim's post
16-01-2012, 05:56 PM
(14-01-2012 02:35 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(14-01-2012 10:18 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  If they insist on giving death threats then I will not hesitate to do the same. Whatever they do I shall match or exceed it. If they want war they'll get Armageddon.

Man... ya gotta be careful what you say there.... I mean.. there are pastors out there suckin on little boy dick. You sure you want to match or exceed that? Tongue

We don't nibble. We eat the whole baby. Big Grin

It's a first! Conformation of Johnny of that "baby-eating" nonsense

This thread? Doubletalk. You must be a Wiccan... adding the Hippocratic oath the the Law and calling it the Rede. Tongue

But me and Justice Troll - if we meet, I fear the Blue Suns faction of atheism will make headlines. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Until the Abrahamic faiths ALL denounce and condemn the atrocious, evil genocide perpetrated on innocent men, women and children by their God; which is glorified in the pages of their holy book, and revered with pious awe by the indoctrinated flock that claim these words as their beacon and guiding doctrines to rule a society; they should hold no more credibility and attain no more respect or consideration as those who would condone the actions of Hitler.

I see nothing to distinguish the genocide Hitler committed to that which Yahweh committed. And yet religionists are given a free pass to explain away God's evil actions. Why do we let them? If someone tried to explain away Hitler's evil actions this person would be a pariah in our society; I contend the same disdain should exist for the religionist.

You may label me a secularist, humanist, atheist or even godless if you wish; I will wear that label with pride and with head held high. For if being labeled as such means I will call evil by it's name when I see it whether by an evil, maniacal despot or by a heinous, jealous deity without apology; then I surely can live with that.

The question is to you now
17-01-2012, 02:42 PM
(16-01-2012 11:54 AM)kineo Wrote:  This type of behavior is disgusting. Angry The articles do make a good point that there are often too few real Christians standing up to denounce this behavior. It's easier to pile on the hatred than to be rational about it. But I also think that the online forum provides a place where people will express their thoughts unchecked by rationality whereas in real life they may think twice about saying some of those things to a person's face.

What's the difference between a real Christian and a dead Christian? Big Grin

I'm a six-footer; but I have to say, it ain't the size of the dog in the fight... knows what I'm sayin? I'm a nine-foot Lucifer when it comes to dealing with Christians; but my being evil ain't about increasing evil so much as defining what needs to be defined. When I get my crew together, it'll be a good crew where I will be the evil element.

There ain't no other way to make change happen other than get down and dirty with it. There ain't no symbol to unite the cause of atheism because so many are defined by things like "lack of belief" and "good;" which simply don't do shit to get shit done, and the thing we don't have is time.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
18-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Just to add some info to the thread.
Here is Jessica Ahlquist responding to some the top reddit questions.
She has a good head on her shoulders.