Hypothetical Question: You are president of the US and have...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2016, 06:22 AM
Hypothetical Question: You are president of the US and have...
Here is an interesting questions.

Lets assume that you are president of the USA (or another country, just a high position of power) and you have access to lists of citizens who believe in creationism, or are anti vaxxers or 9/11 truthers, basically a list of morons. What would you do with this information?

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2016, 06:28 AM
RE: Hypothetical Question: You are president of the US and have...
Nothing. If they aren't forcing beliefs onto others why should I care what brand of idiocy they like?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 7 users Like Szuchow's post
08-04-2016, 06:31 AM
Make them wear yellow stars on their chests.

Dodgy

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
08-04-2016, 06:31 AM
(08-04-2016 06:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Nothing. If they aren't forcing beliefs onto others why should I care what brand of idiocy they like?

But in a sense they are forcing their beliefs. So for example, creationism taught in schools, or not just looking at the examples I gave, how about the attempted defunding of planned parenthood etc. These beliefs do have an affect on our lives even if it is small.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
08-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Give them hobnail boots.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-04-2016, 06:36 AM
Noogies.

[Image: medical-gp-doctor-doctors_practice-physi...07_low.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
08-04-2016, 06:44 AM
I'd find out who was wasting taxpayer money collecting such lists and have them immediately drummed out of government service for such unauthorized and unneeded trivial bullshit.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 12 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-04-2016, 06:48 AM
(08-04-2016 06:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'd find out who was wasting taxpayer money collecting such lists and have them immediately drummed out of government service for such unauthorized and unneeded trivial bullshit.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-04-2016, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 06:58 AM by Szuchow.)
(08-04-2016 06:31 AM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 06:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Nothing. If they aren't forcing beliefs onto others why should I care what brand of idiocy they like?

But in a sense they are forcing their beliefs. So for example, creationism taught in schools, or not just looking at the examples I gave, how about the attempted defunding of planned parenthood etc. These beliefs do have an affect on our lives even if it is small.

I neither know much about USA nor care about it but wasn't creationsim dealt with at least in regard to state schools - Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District. As for defunding, opponents failed if I recall correctly.

To put it bluntly idea of such list is repugnant and your question is suspicious. What actions you had in mind when you asked about what we would do with such information?

Ps. DLJ perfectly summed my thoughts on the subject.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
08-04-2016, 06:51 AM
(08-04-2016 06:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'd find out who was wasting taxpayer money collecting such lists and have them immediately drummed out of government service for such unauthorized and unneeded trivial bullshit.

I agree fully. No excuse to make such lists.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post