Hypothetical Question: You are president of the US and have...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2016, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 08:11 AM by DunkleSeele.)
RE: Hypothetical Question: You are president of the US and have...
(08-04-2016 06:31 AM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 06:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Nothing. If they aren't forcing beliefs onto others why should I care what brand of idiocy they like?

But in a sense they are forcing their beliefs. So for example, creationism taught in schools, or not just looking at the examples I gave, how about the attempted defunding of planned parenthood etc. These beliefs do have an affect on our lives even if it is small.

You wrote specifically about "lists of people who believe this or that". We all have the right to believe what we want regardless how intelligent or moronic such belief is, period.

When someone tries to force their belief on you then, by definition, you don't fucking need any fucking list, because these people will be visible to everyone. It's up to you and/or your representatives to fight their actions if necessary. Keyword being action, not belief.

ETA: What if some pro-creationist government would compile a list of atheists and your name was on it? How would you fucking feel?

Edit 2: corrected atrocious sintax.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DunkleSeele's post
08-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Nothing. It's not against the law to be stupid and/or paranoid.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
08-04-2016, 08:48 AM
(08-04-2016 06:22 AM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  Here is an interesting questions.

Lets assume that you are president of the USA (or another country, just a high position of power) and you have access to lists of citizens who believe in creationism, or are anti vaxxers or 9/11 truthers, basically a list of morons. What would you do with this information?

I was going to say, "nothing" but that is not true. I would have the list destroyed and make sure no such informatiin was gathered and recorded again. Not the governments business to monitor people for their beliefs. Totally unethical.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
08-04-2016, 08:50 AM
I agree with FC--noogies. Or atomic wedgies Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Have them quietly assassinated.

Err... I mean nothing. Yeah, nothing. Ignore the mysterious rise in car accidents among anti-vaxxers, 9-11 truthers and anti-evolutionists.
[+] 5 users Like Ash's post
08-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Nothing.

08-04-2016, 11:38 AM
(08-04-2016 08:50 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree with FC--noogies. Or atomic wedgies Wink

Ray Magliozzi (from NPR's Car Talk) defined a "nuclear wedgie" as one where the victim has their underwear pulled over the top of their head.....

Shocking

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-04-2016, 11:47 AM
(08-04-2016 06:22 AM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  Here is an interesting questions.

Lets assume that you are president of the USA (or another country, just a high position of power) and you have access to lists of citizens who believe in creationism, or are anti vaxxers or 9/11 truthers, basically a list of morons. What would you do with this information?

How about you answer your own question?

For myself, there's no need to worry. I would extremely distrust the person who handed me that list - what is their motive? Are they expecting me to happily just trust them that everyone *they* put on the list is a "moron" and to do something about it? Fuck that. I'd be extremely motivated to investigate them and their connections and, as Biker said, drum them out of town.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
08-04-2016, 12:00 PM
(08-04-2016 08:50 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Or atomic wedgies Wink

Be wary of the fallout. Hobo

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
08-04-2016, 03:02 PM
I'd do what everybody else does. Sell my mailing list to anyone willing to pay.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post