I Absolutely Do Not Get This Kind of Thinking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2011, 08:14 PM

RE: I Absolutely Do Not Get This Kind of Thinking
(24-02-2011 07:52 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  To some, inspiring words, to others, utter bullshit. Maybe they should scan the members of that church, perhaps the radiating light of "god" is actually something a bit less spiritual.

Reminds me of The Children Of Atom from Fallout 3... DRINK THE RADIATED WATER! Wow imagine if they where legitimately radioactive? Then again, maybe its the radiation that kills the believers logical process and makes them egoistic and think God wants them in heaven.
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2011, 05:26 PM

It seems to me that he has simply given-up.

It is most likely very easy for him to look at his kids and explain to them that 'God has a plan and this is my part in that plan', rather than for him to face the reality that nature is random, at times chaotic and unforgiving. His wife has very probably prepared for this in many ways, but one might actually be having set her mind on a suitable "Christian" man to interact with soon after her husband has passed. However, she will most likely never admit this to herself, let alone her children.

It seems most appropriate in these situations to let him have his delusions, if nothing else his children might learn that their prayers to save him are falling on non-existent ears.
Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Gods healing = chemotherapy? Wtf. Perhaps, one day scientists and doctors will advance gods healing with stem cell research to stop cancer stem cells from regrowing and making cancer come back *facepalm*
I hate 'Ignorance is bliss', it always proves true.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply