I Am Not An Atheist, Please Answer My Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: I Am Not An Atheist, Please Answer My Questions
What you need to understand is that atheism doesn't prescribe pat answers to any question outside of "Do you believe in gods?"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2016, 09:28 PM
[Image: Necropost.png]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
27-03-2016, 10:02 PM
(26-10-2015 03:03 AM)True Miller Wrote:  As told to in my introduction thread, I'm posting my questions here. But to start with, you must understand that I believe in "god"--but not a flying bearded man that smites, but more a divine creator.

I'm not looking for you to disprove religion, as I'm not religious and I couldn't give a flying f-bomb about whether Jesus walked on water or whether we burn for eternity if we're bad on Earth. I just want straight answers about what you think, as a person.

I've grown to assume that Atheists are people that rely on fact, and that they constantly criticise religion for that lack of it. So, I just want to understand your Atheist perspective on these questions.

a) How is everything everything
b) What is existence
c) What purpose do you have in life
d) Why do you abide by religion-based laws
e) Do you believe that everything was created, whether pre-determined or not
f) How can we disprove that everything was made by a divine creator when we are all sat on a flying ball of rock, flying away from the point of creation
g) If you put something in an impenetrable, inescapable box forever (a vast infinite universe), and you never tell it what made the box, or what the box is, how can it ever know anything more than what is in the box?
h) As an atheist, do you care about wrong-doing for anything more than the human consequences?
i) Which religion do you despise most, and give me 3 points as to why. Preferably not tainted by media propaganda.
j) Are you sure that God does not exist.
k) Arguably, the proof that God exists is all around us, existence, so why do Atheists disagree?
l) What do you believe?

More questions may come, but these ones are the ones at the front of my mind. Please try to stay on topic, I want to advance my understanding of atheism.

a) How is everything everything
-Why should it be any other way ?
-How would you know if it was?

b) What is existence
-Id be more interested in what nonexistent

c) What purpose do you have in life
-Why should life need a purpose?
-Purpose to whom?
-Even if there were some assigned purpose why would you follow it?

d) Why do you abide by religion-based laws
-Because I don't consider them religious nor do i think the religious have any ownership of them

e) Do you believe that everything was created, whether pre-determined or not
-Don't know
-Don't care

f) How can we disprove that everything was made by a divine creator when we are all sat on a flying ball of rock, flying away from the point of creation
-No were not
-The great thing about mystic claims is there unfalsifiable

g) If you put something in an impenetrable, inescapable box forever (a vast infinite universe), and you never tell it what made the box, or what the box is, how can it ever know anything more than what is in the box?
-This assumes there's an outside the box
-How do we know the universe is impenetrable, inescapable
-But really this is I'll worded

h) As an atheist, do you care about wrong-doing for anything more than the human consequences?
-Why are the human consequences not the most relevant factor?

i) Which religion do you despise most, and give me 3 points as to why. Preferably not tainted by media propaganda.
- I don't hate religion I believe it's misguided

j) Are you sure that God does not exist
-NO

k) Arguably, the proof that God exists is all around us, existence, so why do Atheists disagree?
-Existence is not proof of god
-Existence is proof of existence

l) What do you believe?
- That you are a very confused person

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck