I Am Not An Atheist, Please Answer My Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2015, 09:01 AM
RE: I Am Not An Atheist, Please Answer My Questions
(26-10-2015 08:47 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 08:28 AM)enochian Wrote:  Neither New Atheism or Abrahamic religions understand the logic of Anutpada.

So from the Buddhist perspective they are the same.

The Buddhist perspective isn't how atheism is defined.

Fucks given about the buddhist perspective relative to the definition of atheism (new or old) = 0

And yet looking at the various arguments in this very thread supports exactly what I'm saying.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Is this question list posted somewhere for theists to copy paste? Because I'm pretty sure it's the same list every time.
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
26-10-2015, 09:21 AM
I Am Not An Atheist, Please Answer My Questions
(26-10-2015 09:01 AM)enochian Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 08:47 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The Buddhist perspective isn't how atheism is defined.

Fucks given about the buddhist perspective relative to the definition of atheism (new or old) = 0

And yet looking at the various arguments in this very thread supports exactly what I'm saying.

Facepalm

Fucking pretentious Buddhists.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
26-10-2015, 09:27 AM
(26-10-2015 08:28 AM)enochian Wrote:  Neither New Atheism or Abrahamic religions understand the logic of Anutpada.

So from the Buddhist perspective they are the same.

I agree that the claims of the Abrahamic religions are contradictory to the concept of Anutpāda but atheism is neutral on the subject...

... therefore not inconsistent with it.

Huh

26-10-2015, 09:38 AM
(26-10-2015 08:20 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I believe pepperoni is a superior pizza topping to mushrooms.

This is a damned lie.

Blasphemer!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-10-2015, 09:42 AM
(26-10-2015 09:38 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 08:20 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I believe pepperoni is a superior pizza topping to mushrooms.

This is a damned lie.

Blasphemer!

Not a lie. In fact it's forum policy to believe that pepperoni is a superior topping.

Heretic!

You will burn for this, see if you don't!

Angry

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-10-2015, 10:09 AM
(26-10-2015 09:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Is this question list posted somewhere for theists to copy paste? Because I'm pretty sure it's the same list every time.
You are so right. We'll have to find that list and give it to all theists when they join.
26-10-2015, 10:16 AM
(26-10-2015 03:03 AM)True Miller Wrote:  As told to in my introduction thread, I'm posting my questions here. But to start with, you must understand that I believe in "god"--but not a flying bearded man that smites, but more a divine creator.

I'm not looking for you to disprove religion, as I'm not religious and I couldn't give a flying f-bomb about whether Jesus walked on water or whether we burn for eternity if we're bad on Earth. I just want straight answers about what you think, as a person.

I've grown to assume that Atheists are people that rely on fact, and that they constantly criticise religion for that lack of it. So, I just want to understand your Atheist perspective on these questions.

a) How is everything everything
b) What is existence
c) What purpose do you have in life
d) Why do you abide by religion-based laws
e) Do you believe that everything was created, whether pre-determined or not
f) How can we disprove that everything was made by a divine creator when we are all sat on a flying ball of rock, flying away from the point of creation
g) If you put something in an impenetrable, inescapable box forever (a vast infinite universe), and you never tell it what made the box, or what the box is, how can it ever know anything more than what is in the box?
h) As an atheist, do you care about wrong-doing for anything more than the human consequences?
i) Which religion do you despise most, and give me 3 points as to why. Preferably not tainted by media propaganda.
j) Are you sure that God does not exist.
k) Arguably, the proof that God exists is all around us, existence, so why do Atheists disagree?
l) What do you believe?

More questions may come, but these ones are the ones at the front of my mind. Please try to stay on topic, I want to advance my understanding of atheism.

1. Nothing before everything, or possibly something, or maybe its always been here we don't know yet. Then a single dot of energy happened and it started time and then space happened and that dot grew bigger and bigger resembling an explosion as space expanded and continues to do so today.

2. Existence is everything we can and cannot see and more. If it exists its existence.

3. I don't have one, I don't really want one. I don't want to be late in my years with my goal in life completed and nothing to look forward to. I don't want to look back on my life at what I used to be or what I could had done etc. I want to go forth through life carefree and with eyes facing forward. always looking straight ahead at what is in front of me and what "Could be" not what "has been". Regrets don't exist in the future, only gleeful possibilities.

4. I don't. Laws are created by people, the same people who created those laws. I could go on about how your religious laws tell you to rape, murder, and keep slaves but that is a waste of time right now. I follow laws because it is beneficial to me and the people around me. I follow the reasonable laws that I feel do not restrict my freedom or harm others if I don't.

5. Umm...I am an atheist. of course fucking not. I don't believe in gods. Therefor, nothing is "created".

6. It is not my job to disprove anything, you are the claim maker, I don't need proof to not believe you. That is not how the burden of evidence works. To argue this is asinine.

7. A what? rephrase the question.

8. Christianity with Islam a really close second. First reason is Indoctrination, second reason is all the people whom have been killed, third reason is because it had the audacity to tell me I am a broken, bad, horrible person in need of not only saving but I am worthless without it.

9. A god? No, Your god? Yes!

10. Because god does not exist all around us. There is not evidence of god around us. There is zero evidence period. If there were, atheists wouldn't exist period ever period.

11. About what?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
26-10-2015, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2015 10:31 AM by True Miller.)
(26-10-2015 06:45 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 06:36 AM)True Miller Wrote:  I disagree, but yes, in our objective reality, everything always being here makes a tonne of logical sense. But, as humans, restrained by the objective reality, we cannot use earth-based sciences to explain how this eternal matter that has "simply always been here" became existent. Hence why I brandish this divine creation as being a product of God.
And how did your god became existent?

My assumption of god is that (as mentioned in your responded to post) it is not restricted by the same bounds that our perception of reality presents. But rather, they are of another "level" or "dimension", one where bounds such as creating manner is no different to us manipulating the matter that we are surrounded by. The only way that we could possibly comprehend this from our reality would be by using infinities of large, small, nothing and everything; unfortunately our 3D reality won't allow us the comprehend further.
26-10-2015, 10:23 AM
(26-10-2015 10:09 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 09:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Is this question list posted somewhere for theists to copy paste? Because I'm pretty sure it's the same list every time.
You are so right. We'll have to find that list and give it to all theists when they join.

No, I wrote it myself. But I'm sure that same question plagues theists that are considering atheism as another potential. I assume its our belief framework, theists believe that something puts something somewhere, atheists believe that everything has always been, however science can only observe? And atheists base everything on Science? Correct me if I am wrong.