I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS TURNS OUT!! :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 09:13 PM
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS TURNS OUT!! :)
The Satanic Temple is going to help women opt out of anti-abortion laws using the ruling in th Hobby Lobby ruling to justify their actions! Those conservative assholes who allowed Hobby Lobby special treatment on religious grounds are going to shit themselves when this comes into play!

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/28/...by-ruling/

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
29-07-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS TURNS OUT!! :)
This should be very interesting.
29-07-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm surprised the ACLU or some other organization hasn't yet sued the AMA or gone ahead and singled out a physician (to get the case into court) for malpractice: deliberately disseminating provably false information to a patient as medical advice.

If the law decreed that all doctors treat anemia first with leeches before administering any subsequent therapies, any physician actually complying with such a law would be guilty also of attempted manslaughter. There is legal precedent for how to handle compliance with conflicting statutes, and ascertaining which statute inflicts the least harm is among the adjudicating criteria.

In a contest between disseminating scientifically sound medical advice vs demonstrably false propaganda, which statutory compliance inflicts the least harm should be obvious, even to a Scalia eight hours after his last drink.

The letter approach has merit, but I think a case directly challenging these legally imposed "advice" lectures is long overdue - even without reference to religion.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
29-07-2014, 11:42 PM
I am extremely confused.

1. What anti abortion laws. There is no such thing.

2. How can a business opt out of having to follow laws? This seems to me that "not paying taxes" and " being able to rape and murder females" being part of their religion means they can opt out of those laws and be able to do as they please.

You cannot "opt" out of following laws. So I am confused.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
30-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Sad I was vaguely aware of the Hobby Lobby ruling but not the consequences. Man you guys have some fucked up shit going on...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-07-2014, 12:10 AM
(30-07-2014 12:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  Sad I was vaguely aware of the Hobby Lobby ruling but not the consequences. Man you guys have some fucked up shit going on...

Yes Fucked-up shit seems to be the cornerstone of American society these days. Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
30-07-2014, 06:36 AM
(29-07-2014 11:42 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I am extremely confused.

2. How can a business opt out of having to follow laws? This seems to me that "not paying taxes" and " being able to rape and murder females" being part of their religion means they can opt out of those laws and be able to do as they please.

1. Some states have extremely strict limits on when abortions can be performed. It's not completely "on demand." Teens may not be able to have an abortion without parental consent, late term abortions are commonly denied, etc.

2. Hobby Lobby essentially said that businesses are people and if some laws offend their religion they are exempt from following them. Thus the flood gates are flung open for any nutcase to claim exemptions. There will have to be a ruling - "I don't wanna" won't be an acceptable reason, but the door is now wide open. And remember the Amish don't pay taxes the same way others do (no SS), so there is precedent.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
30-07-2014, 06:40 AM
(30-07-2014 06:36 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 11:42 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I am extremely confused.

1. Some states have extremely strict limits on when abortions can be performed. It's not completely "on demand." Teens may not be able to have an abortion without parental consent, late term abortions are commonly denied, etc.

2. Hobby Lobby essentially said that businesses are people and if some laws offend their religion they are exempt from following them. Thus the flood gates are flung open for any nutcase to claim exemptions. There will have to be a ruling - "I don't wanna" won't be an acceptable reason, but the door is now wide open. And remember the Amish don't pay taxes the same way others do (no SS), so there is precedent.

The whole thing kind of sounds stupid to me. Just the religious bastards who run the business to run other peoples lives it seems.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
30-07-2014, 11:01 AM
(30-07-2014 06:40 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 06:36 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  1. Some states have extremely strict limits on when abortions can be performed. It's not completely "on demand." Teens may not be able to have an abortion without parental consent, late term abortions are commonly denied, etc.

The whole thing kind of sounds stupid to me. Just the religious bastards who run the business to run other peoples lives it seems.

Of course it's stupid. It's religion, as practiced by people who think their faith should trump all.

Of course it's bastards who want to run other peoples' lives. It's religion, as practiced by people who think their faith should trump all.

That said, the Hobby Lobby decision was actually pretty narrow. It set new precedent, and that new precedent is chilling in its implications, but it doesn't really go that far. It didn't carve out a trail for religion to take to the courts so as to be declared above law.... but it did create a trailhead, and hinted at the direction the trail should take, and suggested that more trailblazing of the same sort could easily happen if more religious people brought similar types of suits.

That's why I think this Satanic Temple case might be good. It will fail utterly, and that will set a countervailing precedent that blocks the trail.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
30-07-2014, 01:35 PM
(30-07-2014 11:01 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  It will fail utterly, and that will set a countervailing precedent that blocks the trail.

In the failing though, that means that the women that they are attempting to protect by this means will still end up getting legally fucked over. It's a fucking stupid world we live in... Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.