I Can't Believe These Clowns !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2011, 04:37 AM
I Can't Believe These Clowns !
Quote:OneMillionMoms, an organization affiliated with the American Family Association, announced a boycott of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream over a new flavor called “Schweddy Balls.” The group said Friday on its website: “The vulgar new flavor has turned something as innocent as ice cream into something repulsive. Not exactly what you want a child asking for at the supermarket.”

http://news.yahoo.com/ben-jerry-flavor-s...07791.html

Imagine living in a country with this mob calling the shots. If names are so important to them, what would happen to guys named Godfrey? Probably get strung up by their schweddy balls.

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2011, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 04:59 AM by nontheocrat.)
RE: I Can't Believe These Clowns !
An innocent child wouldn't think anything of the name other than it sounds funny. It is only dirty if you are already mature enough to know what it means. What a bunch of idiots!

I may be on a diet, but I just may have to get me some ice cream tonight! Wink

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Atheism and Theism???

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like NotSoVacuous's post
22-09-2011, 06:16 AM
I have to object. I really don't think kids are as innocent as we may perceive. Tongue You'd be surprised at how young they'd catch the reference. Not to the original production where the reference came from, but to the same joke the original production had. Tongue

I can understand the boycott. I wouldn't boycott it myself, but boycotting is a consumer right. The entire name is all about the reference to sweaty balls. Tongue There's no other reason for it to be named that. If someone finds that in poor taste, it's totally all right for them to boycott. Taking things too seriously? Sure. They should lighten up? Sure. It's not the end of the world? That's right. It's just an ice cream flavour name? Mhmm. But it's marketing and business. Ben and Jerry's decided to make a crude joke for a flavour name, and if there's backlash for it, there's backlash.

I suppose they figured that everyone likes them so much they'd even eat their Schweddy Balls. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2011, 07:16 AM
(22-09-2011 06:16 AM)ebilekittae Wrote:  I can understand the boycott. I wouldn't boycott it myself, but boycotting is a consumer right. The entire name is all about the reference to sweaty balls. Tongue There's no other reason for it to be named that. If someone finds that in poor taste, it's totally all right for them to boycott. Taking things too seriously? Sure. They should lighten up? Sure. It's not the end of the world? That's right. It's just an ice cream flavour name? Mhmm. But it's marketing and business. Ben and Jerry's decided to make a crude joke for a flavour name, and if there's backlash for it, there's backlash.

Agree 100%. If you go for the cheap joke, you may sometimes get a response like this one. Consumers are well within their rights to boycott.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
22-09-2011, 07:31 AM
(22-09-2011 05:01 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Atheism and Theism???

If that's your biggest problem today, you're doing alright.

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see
22-09-2011, 07:42 AM
If nothing a child hears can have the word 'ball' in its name, i guess their kids are only allowed to play hockey - except the ones who have difficulty pronouncing 'puck'.
And all the boys have cosmetic surgery?

I wouldn't buy that particular ice cream myself, because the name makes me think it's got broken-up cereal in it, like those stupid flavours with cookie-factory sweepings.

Sure they have the right to boycott. But, i mean.... really?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
22-09-2011, 08:12 AM

BTW what's wrong with balls?

I have two of them and I rather like having them both.

Why can't children know reality (other than all the sadism and brutality shoved in their faces on television)?

Admit it, we are a totally fucked-up species.

Angry
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
22-09-2011, 09:57 AM

These same TYPE of clowns had:

1. Micky Mouse as a terrible role model due to the Sorcerer's Apprentice skit in Fantasia, therefore should be boycotted
2. Had John Denver on Capitol Hill explaining his lyrics to 'Rocky Mountain High'
3. Boycotted Proctor and Gamble due to the logo and what they 'THOUGHT' it represented.

Prudes have problems with words and how they are assembled. But also have a problem with checking sources, so they go it alone.

Now in this case its obvious the intent. Its a play on words. Kinda like the local radio station used to have a fake commercial for "Dicken's Cider" (go ahead, say it real fast)
"My wife simply loves some Dicken's Cider"

YES we have a right to protest. No problem there. But choose you battles wisely for Zenu's sake!

D
Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Everyone's looking for something to be offended about all the time. It's our culture of victimhood, where everyone is constantly trying to be a victim of someone else and seeing who can whine the loudest.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]