I Can't Even Look Away

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 06:29 PM
RE: I Can't Even Look Away
(04-05-2013 06:18 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Hey Igor!

I see from the link in your sig to your blog that you're still promoting your fraudulent pseudo-gospel.

I can definitely say fraudulent now, because you have all but admitted it here.

Shame on you.

I didn't believe it so I went to see for myself, skeptic you know. It seems to me that his last entry of May 3rd is pretty much what he has been posting on this forum as of late.
I don't see the fraud.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Hmm.

OK Igor.

Do you still claim divine inspiration for that book, or not?

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Abdul, I get that you are relatively new, so I'll give you a courtesy heads-up........this ain't the place.

This is one of the very few moderated forum sections. I suggest perusing the rules.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Well Egsy, sounds as if you have at present, found an interesting space in your life. Hope it's more of a comfortable fit. Shy

Throw away holiness and wisdom,
and people will be a hundred times happier.
Throw away morality and justice,
and people will do the right thing.
Throw away industry and profit,
and there won't be any thieves.

If these three aren't enough,
just stay at the center of the circle
and let all things take their course.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-05-2013, 11:41 PM

(04-05-2013 01:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Something else you may want to consider is to take some time off before you go searching for the next belief system or group to join. I would bet your emotions and psche are raw at the moment, hard to see things clearly and make good decisions in that state.

Good advice. But I'm not going off anywhere, to be quite honest, I'm just switching back to the New Age Veridicanism. I'm more comfortable there, and I can just do dream interpretation and astrological charts for people.

Quote:You can always hang around here and bounce off ideas or get support while the dust settles...there really isn't a time table for this, life is journey not a destination.

Hope you find inner peace.

FC

Thanks, FC.
[/quote]
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 03:30 AM

(04-05-2013 02:29 PM)bemore Wrote:  There is nothing wrong in this but I think where you made a mistake (your not the only one, we all do it to some degree over every subject known to humanity) is you became abrasive to people who didn't follow/agree/empathise with your beliefs at that time.

That was a big mistake on my part. I won't be repeating that.

Quote:Not that a number or rep on a simple forum actually means fuck all in the bigger picture but Ill reset my rep of you to in some small way show my support to you.[/qoute]

Thank you, Bemore.

[quote] I only negged repped you for your behaviour and attitude towards others, not for your personal beliefs and I wish you luck in finding and identifying with your spirituality in a more meaningful way to yourself that brings you happiness.

Thank you. And I do feel a lot better today. It took a lot for me to finally admit that frankly, Jesus was wrong about some things. But the concept of Jesus is a house of cards. Find one thing wrong, and it all crumbles.
05-05-2013, 03:35 AM

(04-05-2013 06:18 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Hey Igor!

I see from the link in your sig to your blog that you're still promoting your fraudulent pseudo-gospel.

I can definitely say fraudulent now, because you have all but admitted it here.

Shame on you.

Yeah, shame on me, but certianly not because of your opinion.

I may take it out of print. I don't want to, but it's not like it's a seller anyway. I'd rather just my novel and Vital Architecture be out there, especially once my memoir comes out.

The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ will always be my literary painting in honor of a spirit I admire a great deal. But it doesn't need to be in-print anymore. I'll work on that next week. But I'll get the ad off my blog tomorrow.
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
05-05-2013, 03:56 AM

(04-05-2013 07:31 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Hmm.

OK Igor.

Do you still claim divine inspiration for that book, or not?

Yes. But I'm not sure what it's purpose is anymore. I think maybe now, it was just to prove that I love Jesus Christ.
08-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Bemore, I read your post and watched the video. This looks like religion to me. What, for you is (or is there?) the difference between religion and "spirituality"?
15-05-2013, 01:18 AM
(04-05-2013 01:12 AM)Egor Wrote:  There is this thing. It has been with me in various forms since I was nine. It is with me now. It is a presence. When I interpret a dream, it speaks to me (for lack of a better term), which is why I like doing dream interpretations. When I look at an astrological chart, I see its plan for a human life, or at least the winds it blows on a person's life.

I've spoken before in here about how the Divine communicates with me, and that hasn't left. That is there, intractable as ever.
Man, that's awesome! You're lucky to have this gift.
I have a presence in my mind too - only it often rather offers very funny sarcastic comments. Not in speech, but rather in small waves of hilarious logic flowing into my thinking. I also can get into a state of mystical inspiration when it is as if I had become something greater than mere personality and I can understand all arguments and world problems that people offer me. There's more to it, I seem to be born wired for strange experiences. I think it's a good thing that spices up the life, but we still need to hold onto our life and career and relationships...

What I don't understand is why did you ever see Christianity as an explanation. In my opinion, it doesn't match at all. No burning bushes, no moralizing, no miracles or dogmas... Were you so deeply in Christianity that you thought this is the only explanation? I was a Christian as a child and I know the indoctrination is still somewhere deep in me. But I also know the world is much more complex than that. In my experience, Theosophy is the much more complex, matching theory that I use to keep track and make sense of my experience. Nothing else matches. There are some matching passages in New Testament, but I'd have to pick them carefully among many off the road ramblings of st. Paul.

(04-05-2013 01:12 AM)Egor Wrote:  Also, when I sleep, I dream, and in my dream, my mind creates a universe. When I wake up, I see a much greater universe, so I assume a Divine Dreamer, and I am one of its characters.

So, I believe in God, or more accuratley, "The Divine." I'm not trying to save it. It's always there.

When all the arguments fell apart for me, that presence was more profound, rather than less.
Yes! The Divine, that's it, that's the description! Big Grin Thumbsup I would put it like that as well. It's not personal enough to be a god, in fact it's very impersonal, yet loving. About as loving as you love your own hand and want to protect it from harm and guide it, but you do it with impulses, don't need to talk to it, because it's a part of you. Or rather you're a part of it.

(04-05-2013 01:12 AM)Egor Wrote:  All my Christian notions have died. What I can tell you about the Divine that became more clear in all of this, is that it doesn't care. I get from it that it doesn't even particularly care if I'm depressed about it. I think it wants me depressed. Maybe there's something restorative about it.

Also, I can tell you this: I don't think it cares if someone is an atheist or a bible-thumping, tongue-talking Pentacostal.

Everyone has a life path to walk. Spending at least one lifetime as an atheist kind of makes sense, actually.
Yes, it makes sense. I consider atheism as spiritual antiseptic. It cleans and sterilizes the laboratory of your mind from all germs, so you can get some work done. Maybe some time along the way you choose to conduct controlled experiments with some other religious strains, but these will be under your control this time. You'll know if they work for you or not and you'll be able to clear the Petri dishes at will if they don't. And if you're a good critical thinker, not every atheist is, you'd be able to do the same with every other ism or belief, be it political, economic or personal.

As for me, I need Theosophy, because The Divine is taking me through physical processes that I only so far knew as theoretical from the Theosophic literature and charts. There is a lot more mystery to the physical universe than the scientists know today. These neurologic processes are real, a few scientists have studied them (looks like that) and I think they are the reasons why many religions were founded. The Divine can assert itself as a major influence not only in our mind, but also the cerebro-spinal system, endocrine system and autonomous and sympathetic nerve systems. It's a strain and it doesn't solve common everyday problems, but it might make people better people, or at least more powerful and charismatic people.
You might spend a lifetime as an atheist, taking the religious trash out and enjoying the freedom. But see my example and realize that this is not set in stone and we have a potential to develop deeper. And that development might call for a more specific theory of the divine that Christianity or atheism can offer. See what can happen and stay open-minded to any theories that might be useful to you.

By the way, read the Prophet by Kahlil Gibran! It's an awesome book. If all the good and wise stuff from New Testament were concentrated together, it wouldn't be as long as the Prophet. And the Prophet is quite a short book.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!