I Challenged God Today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2015, 10:26 PM
I Challenged God Today
My boyfriend told me it would be best to go outside instead of being scared of the world and just experience it. I agreed. I didn't want to be kept cooped up inside anymore, stuck in bed and feeling like crap. So I went out to visit a friend of mine who is a skeptic. He kept me grounded after I talked to him about my creepy paranormal experiences. We went through things. Debunked them.

But I had an intrusive thought out of nowhere and it was unlike anything. I felt my tongue move with the thought. I derealized. One of my obsessive fears is developing schizophrenia, because of negative experiences at my school. So when I get scary intrusive thoughts, my biggest fear is acting out on them, or believing they are more than thoughts. I figured out that it was probably just gas and the thought entering my mind at the same time. I noticed that when I get acid reflux, I tend to feel it in other parts of my body, particularly my tongue, so I'm researching the nerves int he celiac plexus to try and find an explanation.

I decided against a Xanax, and walked out in a thunderstorm to go and meet with someone else. I don't know why I did it, but I decided to say "If there is a being or a God that governs the universe, may they strike me down with lightning!!!"

They missed.

GG, weather.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: I Challenged God Today
Hug

So.. will you be wishing them (The deity) "Better luck next time!" ?

Wink

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
01-06-2015, 09:50 PM
(31-05-2015 10:26 PM)CrimsonCallaReborn Wrote:  One of my obsessive fears is developing schizophrenia, because of negative experiences at my school.

I am pretty sure that is genetic unless I misread that.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
01-06-2015, 10:13 PM
(31-05-2015 10:26 PM)CrimsonCallaReborn Wrote:  I derealized.

Sounds like you got this shit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-06-2015, 10:45 PM
(01-06-2015 09:50 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 10:26 PM)CrimsonCallaReborn Wrote:  One of my obsessive fears is developing schizophrenia, because of negative experiences at my school.

I am pretty sure that is genetic unless I misread that.

One of my aunts has it. I posted about it in another thread, because I've been having a really hard time, but this community has been making me feel a lot better since I've joined. You guys are awesome and I really appreciate the sense of camaraderie I've found here.

(01-06-2015 10:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 10:26 PM)CrimsonCallaReborn Wrote:  I derealized.

Sounds like you got this shit.

LMAO
[+] 1 user Likes CrimsonCallaReborn's post
02-06-2015, 06:32 AM
this might help you work thru some of your thoughts as well, use logical reasoning.

http://www.YourLogicalFallacyIs.com

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-06-2015, 11:03 AM
(31-05-2015 10:26 PM)CrimsonCallaReborn Wrote:  They missed.

Or God just chose to ignore your request.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2015, 02:12 PM
(03-06-2015 11:03 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 10:26 PM)CrimsonCallaReborn Wrote:  They missed.

Or God just chose to ignore your request.

Not his fault, it was nap time.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Reminds me of George Carlin on one of his stand up routines, about religion. One line was, If there's a god, may he strike this audience dead. Nothing happened. That was the point he was making.
[+] 1 user Likes Takelababy's post
08-06-2015, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 01:53 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(31-05-2015 10:26 PM)CrimsonCallaReborn Wrote:  My boyfriend told me it would be best to go outside instead of being scared of the world and just experience it. I agreed. I didn't want to be kept cooped up inside anymore, stuck in bed and feeling like crap. So I went out to visit a friend of mine who is a skeptic. He kept me grounded after I talked to him about my creepy paranormal experiences. We went through things. Debunked them.

But I had an intrusive thought out of nowhere and it was unlike anything. I felt my tongue move with the thought. I derealized. One of my obsessive fears is developing schizophrenia, because of negative experiences at my school. So when I get scary intrusive thoughts, my biggest fear is acting out on them, or believing they are more than thoughts. I figured out that it was probably just gas and the thought entering my mind at the same time. I noticed that when I get acid reflux, I tend to feel it in other parts of my body, particularly my tongue, so I'm researching the nerves int he celiac plexus to try and find an explanation.

I decided against a Xanax, and walked out in a thunderstorm to go and meet with someone else. I don't know why I did it, but I decided to say "If there is a being or a God that governs the universe, may they strike me down with lightning!!!"

They missed.

GG, weather.

im sorry you feel that way. life was made for enjoyment. evil and negativity was made from the devil. mental illness is also from him. but you may not be mentally ill because youve had those experiences you should email me email removed lets talk.