I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
31-05-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(31-05-2014 10:36 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 03:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  And there is the zero energy universe hypothesis.

It states that the total amount of energy (includes mass) in the universe is exactly zero. The amount of positive energy in the form of matter is exactly canceled out by its negative energy in the form of gravity.

Edward Tryon proposed it in 1973 in the journal Nature that the Universe may have emerged from a large-scale quantum fluctuation of vacuum energy, resulting in its positive mass-energy being exactly balanced by its negative gravitational potential energy.

So, quite literally, a universe from nothing.

Doesn't dark energy throw through a wrench in all of that?

No, not really.




(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(31-05-2014 10:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:36 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Doesn't dark energy throw through a wrench in all of that?

No, not really.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy Wrote:According to the Planck mission team, and based on the standard model of cosmology, on a mass–energy equivalence basis the universe contains 26.8% dark matter and 68.3% dark energy (for a total of 95.1%) and 4.9% ordinary matter.[2][3][4][5]

Just curious Angel

Edit: Thats not fair Revenant, you edited that video in!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(31-05-2014 10:41 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No, not really.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy Wrote:According to the Planck mission team, and based on the standard model of cosmology, on a mass–energy equivalence basis the universe contains 26.8% dark matter and 68.3% dark energy (for a total of 95.1%) and 4.9% ordinary matter.[2][3][4][5]

Just curious Angel

Edit: Thats not fair Revenant, you edited that video in!

I had meant to add the vid before posting but hit the wrong button. Thought I had gotten the edit in quick enough.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 10:48 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(31-05-2014 10:36 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 03:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  And there is the zero energy universe hypothesis.

It states that the total amount of energy (includes mass) in the universe is exactly zero. The amount of positive energy in the form of matter is exactly canceled out by its negative energy in the form of gravity.

Edward Tryon proposed it in 1973 in the journal Nature that the Universe may have emerged from a large-scale quantum fluctuation of vacuum energy, resulting in its positive mass-energy being exactly balanced by its negative gravitational potential energy.

So, quite literally, a universe from nothing.

Doesn't dark energy throw through a wrench in all of that?

Dark energy is mass-energy (in fact it's most of the universe's mass-energy); it contributes to the overall balance like anything else.

Since the principle of a universe arising from the appropriate fluctuations is sound regardless, and since it's presently untestable, the exact accounting is not strictly important.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 10:55 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(31-05-2014 03:50 PM)Charis Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_m4z8clHi7Z1qbr7pro1_500.jpg]

Where I live, say lebron is better than coby and everyone will start fighting.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
31-05-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
Phillies and Yankees.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 11:10 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(31-05-2014 11:02 PM)Charis Wrote:  Phillies and Yankees.

That doesn't bother much in the black community.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
31-05-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(31-05-2014 11:10 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 11:02 PM)Charis Wrote:  Phillies and Yankees.

That doesn't bother much in the black community.

All of the team-thingy-peoples suck!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(31-05-2014 11:10 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 11:02 PM)Charis Wrote:  Phillies and Yankees.

That doesn't bother much in the black community.
Tell that to a black Phillies fan.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(31-05-2014 11:15 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 11:10 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  That doesn't bother much in the black community.
Tell that to a black Phillies fan.

That might work in places like north jersey, but in camden and philly it is all about basketball. I swear I am the whitest black person you will ever meet.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
Post Reply
Forum Jump: