I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 07:24 AM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 07:19 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 07:18 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I never said either of those things.

if you are an atheist you have no other feasible choice.

As an atheist, I chose not to choose you as the decider of what choices I have in regards to what I believe or anything else. I do not believe in any gods and I do not know how the universe was created. You cannot debate these two facts. You can debate whether there are gods and you can debate how the universe was created all day long, but you cannot debate what I believe.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2014, 07:24 AM
I feel ignored Sad
01-06-2014, 07:25 AM
(01-06-2014 07:21 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 07:19 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  the empirical data that calls for an absolute beginning of the space-time manifold and all matter and all.energy a la the universe

What empirical data? (Humor me I don't know a lot about science)
What does an absolute beginning have to do with a timeless immaterial non-spatial creator?

the cause of the universe i.e. all matter cannot be material.

the cause of the universe i.e. the space-time manifold cannot exist in space or time.

the cause must be transcendent
01-06-2014, 07:27 AM
(01-06-2014 07:24 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 07:19 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if you are an atheist you have no other feasible choice.

As an atheist, I chose not to choose you as the decider of what choices I have in regards to what I believe or anything else. I do not believe in any gods and I do not know how the universe was created. You cannot debate these two facts. You can debate whether there are gods and you can debate how the universe was created all day long, but you cannot debate what I believe.

well in a sense you are right. you can believe whatever you want. i am just saying that you have been given evidence God exists. what you do with it is up to you.
01-06-2014, 07:29 AM
(01-06-2014 07:25 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 07:21 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  What empirical data? (Humor me I don't know a lot about science)
What does an absolute beginning have to do with a timeless immaterial non-spatial creator?

the cause of the universe i.e. all matter cannot be material.

the cause of the universe i.e. the space-time manifold cannot exist in space or time.

Why?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
01-06-2014, 07:29 AM
(01-06-2014 07:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  i am just saying that you have been given evidence God exists. what you do with it is up to you.

We have not been given any evidence that God exists.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
01-06-2014, 07:30 AM
(01-06-2014 07:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  well in a sense you are right. you can believe whatever you want. i am just saying that you have been given evidence God exists. what you do with it is up to you.

Evidence of the Christian God?

Truth seeker.
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
01-06-2014, 07:30 AM
(01-06-2014 07:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 07:24 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  As an atheist, I chose not to choose you as the decider of what choices I have in regards to what I believe or anything else. I do not believe in any gods and I do not know how the universe was created. You cannot debate these two facts. You can debate whether there are gods and you can debate how the universe was created all day long, but you cannot debate what I believe.

well in a sense you are right. you can believe whatever you want. i am just saying that you have been given evidence God exists. what you do with it is up to you.

You keep telling me about this evidence, and I keep saying what evidence?, and you keep saying the evidence!

What evidence?

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
01-06-2014, 07:31 AM
(01-06-2014 07:25 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  the cause of the universe i.e. all matter cannot be material.

1. Prove it. Matter and energy are interchangeable. Your categories are meaningless. Your stating something, does not make it true. The moon is made of green cheese.

2. Prove it. Existence requires spacetime. Existing "outside" spacetime is a spatial-temporal reference. Your sentence/implication is meaningless. A "cause" existing outside spacetime is also meaningless.

3. Prove it. The moon is made of green cheese.

More unsupported crap from the purveyor of crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2014, 07:32 AM
(01-06-2014 07:24 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I feel ignored Sad

I love you Tildie don't be sad Heart

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post