I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 09:16 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [Image: cat-vs-dalek-dr-who.jpg]

Cats>God.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2014, 10:11 AM
This thread topic is the most stupid thing I ever read. Atheism is the lack of faith in gods and all super natural claims. The original poster doesn't understand atheism.Drinking Beverage
01-06-2014, 10:17 AM
(01-06-2014 10:11 AM)Leo Wrote:  This thread topic is the most stupid thing I ever read. Atheism is the lack of faith in gods and all super natural claims. The original poster doesn't understand atheism.Drinking Beverage

The title of the thread is the name of a book the OP was asking to have debunked Lrn2read.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-06-2014, 10:33 AM
(01-06-2014 10:17 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 10:11 AM)Leo Wrote:  This thread topic is the most stupid thing I ever read. Atheism is the lack of faith in gods and all super natural claims. The original poster doesn't understand atheism.Drinking Beverage

The title of the thread is the name of a book the OP was asking to have debunked Lrn2read.

I'm on it...

[Image: cat-asleep-reading.jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-06-2014, 10:46 AM
I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 06:34 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:35 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Strange....I always thought not believing in any gods made me an atheist. Hmmm Consider what do I need to believe to qualify as an atheist?

that the universe either created itself a la Dan Dennett, or it popped into existence without a cause from nothing.

take your pick. neither is rationally defensible.

So God is also rationally non defensible?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
01-06-2014, 11:55 AM

Not quite correct.
Some atheists DO believe in supernatural claims.
However if you referring strictly to supernatural claims relating to deities then you are correct but you need to state that.

The distinction is important. Theists have a hard enough time keeping track of the various definitions for religion, supernatural and atheism; so lets not confuse them further!!Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
01-06-2014, 12:08 PM

Oh, you need to go look at old threads....this guy is an amateur.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-06-2014, 12:15 PM
(01-06-2014 10:46 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 06:34 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  that the universe either created itself a la Dan Dennett, or it popped into existence without a cause from nothing.

take your pick. neither is rationally defensible.

So God is also rationally non defensible?

Are you asking me?
01-06-2014, 12:15 PM
(01-06-2014 12:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

catgoblin has already stated that she is a female.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
01-06-2014, 12:16 PM
(01-06-2014 12:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

I think Leo was refering to the OP, which was about a book, not Germy Wanker. Leo-cakes needs to at least read a 1rst and second post before replying to a thread. Drinking Beverage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.