I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
[Image: jell-o.jpg]

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
01-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Bill Nye takes a drink of water and says
"This is delicious. Now that I've tasted it, I don't think I can live without it."

My post is as relevant as the title of the thread

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
01-06-2014, 12:47 PM
(01-06-2014 12:44 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 12:15 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  [quote='rampant.a.i.' pid='584798' dateline='1401641160']

So God is also rationally non defensible?

Are you asking me?
[/quote

Yes, stalling tactic expert.

[Image: ehyna5e6.jpg]

[Image: 6a00e552e3404e8833015433edbe6e970c-800wi]
01-06-2014, 12:47 PM
(01-06-2014 12:39 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  why is it that the majority of posts here that are directed towards me are not about the things I have written but are more or less criticisms of me as a person?

this seems to be a recurring theme from "thinking atheists".

throw out some intelligent sounding phrases and accuse me of fallacious reasoning and then throw an ad hominem on top to finish it off.

thinking men and women do not argue this way.

What would you know about "thinking" ? Your arguments are nothing more than circular and replies from you are dismissive and dishonest.

Why in the hell would anyone take you seriously ?

Which reminds me..... why arent you in the boxing ring with Mathilda? Scared ?

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
01-06-2014, 12:49 PM
(01-06-2014 12:47 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 12:39 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  why is it that the majority of posts here that are directed towards me are not about the things I have written but are more or less criticisms of me as a person?

throw out some intelligent sounding phrases and accuse me of fallacious reasoning and then throw an ad hominem on top to finish it off.

What would you know about "thinking" ? Your arguments are nothing more than circular and replies from you are dismissive and dishonest.

Why in the hell would anyone take you seriously ?

Which reminds me..... why arent you in the boxing ring with Mathilda? Scared ?

Do you know who Daniel Dennett is?
01-06-2014, 12:49 PM

Whoa there little fella. I was commenting on your troll status. You ain't even a novice troll. Don't think you're a troll at all. I intended it as a compliment.

As to why I don't comment on what you write, I read a couple of your posts and concluded there was so much gibberish and nonsense that I wouldn't even know where to begin to comment. So I don't bother reading your posts no more. No biggie.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Do you like jelly-filled donuts?

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
01-06-2014, 12:52 PM
(01-06-2014 12:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Whoa there little buddy. I was commenting on your troll status. You ain't even a novice troll. Don't think you're a troll at all. I intended it as a compliment.

As to why I don't comment on what you write, I read a couple of your posts and concluded there was so much gibberish and nonsense that I wouldn't even know where to begin to comment. So I don't bother reading your posts no more. No biggie.

you do not read them, yet you respond to them and talk about the things I wrote in my posts......

Oops
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
01-06-2014, 12:54 PM
I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 12:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 12:44 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Are you asking me?
[/quote

Yes, stalling tactic expert.

[Image: ehyna5e6.jpg]

[Image: 6a00e552e3404e8833015433edbe6e970c-800wi]

No I don't call it an argument, I call your argument a complete and utterly unconvincing failure.

And yet again, you've demonstrated you can't come up with a reason for why your god deserves a special pleading excuse, yet you continue to assert it as a claim of knowledge.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
01-06-2014, 12:55 PM
(01-06-2014 12:50 PM)Charis Wrote:  Do you like jelly-filled donuts?

Hell YA !!!!

Do you like singing to loud music with car windows down driving like zombies are chasing you ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results