I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 12:56 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 12:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  [Do you know who Daniel Dennett is?

Nah.... you know us atheists wouldnt have ever heard of him Rolleyes

And yes, I actually do think that you're retarded.... clinically speaking.

( my apologies to any actual handicapped persons)

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2014, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 12:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-06-2014 12:52 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 12:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Whoa there little buddy. I was commenting on your troll status. You ain't even a novice troll. Don't think you're a troll at all. I intended it as a compliment.

As to why I don't comment on what you write, I read a couple of your posts and concluded there was so much gibberish and nonsense that I wouldn't even know where to begin to comment. So I don't bother reading your posts no more. No biggie.

you do not read them, yet you respond to them and talk about the things I wrote in my posts......

Oops

Do I? Show me. I don't doubt you but I don't recall it. Might've been Mr. Jim instead of Dr. Jimmy. He's a drunken bastard who only comes out when I drink my gin and doesn't always let me know what he's up to. Fuckin' reprobate.

#sigh
01-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Because a person can take a LITTLE arsenic without suffering ill effects, but too much of it can kill ya.

same goes for your posts. It's less harmful to see them second-hand in people's quotes of you than to get the full unfiltered dose of Jeremy. Anything over 666ppm is potentially fatal.

Jello's a good antidote.

Have some more:

[Image: jell-o.jpg]

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
01-06-2014, 12:57 PM
(01-06-2014 12:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 12:47 PM)War Horse Wrote:  What would you know about "thinking" ? Your arguments are nothing more than circular and replies from you are dismissive and dishonest.

Why in the hell would anyone take you seriously ?

Which reminds me..... why arent you in the boxing ring with Mathilda? Scared ?

Do you know who Daniel Dennett is?

Do you know what a non sequitur is?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
01-06-2014, 12:58 PM
(01-06-2014 12:54 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 12:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  [Image: 6a00e552e3404e8833015433edbe6e970c-800wi]

No I don't call it an argument, I call your argument a complete and utterly unconvincing failure.

wow bravo!

you say an argument is a failure. wow I am so surprised that you would find the Kalam unconvincing!!

Go figure!

you would rather believe that the universe popped into existence literally from nothing without a cause or that it pulled itself up by its own bootstraps in the ultimate act of self-creation!

the lengths atheists will go to to deny something as obvious as the nose on their face and then claim that they are thinking when they make these statements.

come on now. can you not do better?
01-06-2014, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 01:18 PM by rampant.a.i..)
(01-06-2014 12:58 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 12:54 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  No I don't call it an argument, I call your argument a complete and utterly unconvincing failure.

wow bravo!

you say an argument is a failure. wow I am so surprised that you would find the Kalam unconvincing!!

Go figure!

you would rather believe that the universe popped into existence literally from nothing without a cause or that it pulled itself up by its own bootstraps in the ultimate act of self-creation!

the lengths atheists will go to to deny something as obvious as the nose on their face and then claim that they are thinking when they make these statements.

come on now. can you not do better?

Talk about a straw man argument.

The Kalam is an argument that the universe had a cause. It does not point to any specific cause or even a god, otherwise you would accept Allah as god.

And it's not even a well constructed argument.

Define "nothing."

Explain how causality as observed within the existing universe existed prior to space and time.

Explain why you do not have the burden of proof when making an assertion.

And stop calling me an atheist, you ignorant prick.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
01-06-2014, 01:00 PM
(01-06-2014 12:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 12:47 PM)War Horse Wrote:  What would you know about "thinking" ? Your arguments are nothing more than circular and replies from you are dismissive and dishonest.

Why in the hell would anyone take you seriously ?

Which reminds me..... why arent you in the boxing ring with Mathilda? Scared ?

Do you know who Daniel Dennett is?

This is why nobody cares to "discuss" with you.

You don't answer questions. You pose non sequitur questions in response instead. This ≠ dialogue. I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm betting you flunked "communications."

Pfffffft.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
01-06-2014, 01:01 PM
(01-06-2014 12:50 PM)Charis Wrote:  Do you like jelly-filled donuts?

Man, great idea Thumbsup I gotta go get me some in the morning. Drooling

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
01-06-2014, 01:02 PM
(01-06-2014 12:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 07:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ... and therefore by definition does not exist.

why?

(01-06-2014 07:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Unless of course you are arguing that something can exist without a cause,

yes.

(01-06-2014 07:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  like a universe for example.

no. if the universe began to exist then it needs a cause doctor.

Special pleading mister.

But then you already know this and don't care. It's been pointed out to you a hundred times already and you haven't in any way put forward a reason why God be exempt from being caused.

Because it's the definition of God?

Lots of things have a definition which don't actually exist in practice. Like this word for example.

"fantasy"
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
01-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Turtles have flippers.

See? I can post crap that's irrelevant to the questions at hand too!

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post