I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 01:05 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 12:39 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  why is it that the majority of posts here that are directed towards me are not about the things I have written but are more or less criticisms of me as a person?

Because you are intellectually dishonest and deliberately lying for Jesus.

(Amongst other things)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
01-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Other things: won't answer the simplest questions, and immediately start attacking the person who asked them and making wild accusations, see above.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
01-06-2014, 01:06 PM
(01-06-2014 01:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 12:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  why?

yes.

no. if the universe began to exist then it needs a cause doctor.

Special pleading mister.

But then you already know this and don't care. It's been pointed out to you a hundred times already and you haven't in any way put forward a reason why God be exempt from being caused.

Because it's the definition of God?

Lots of things have a definition which don't actually exist in practice. Like this word for example.

"fantasy"

it cant be special pleading because atheists say the same thing of the universe i.e. that it is uncaused and has always existed in one form or another.

the reason that God is uncaused is because He is uncaused by definition. is that not simple enough for you?
01-06-2014, 01:07 PM
(01-06-2014 12:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 12:47 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Which reminds me..... why arent you in the boxing ring with Mathilda? Scared ?

Do you know who Daniel Dennett is?

How is that an answer?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
01-06-2014, 01:08 PM
(01-06-2014 01:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Special pleading mister.

But then you already know this and don't care. It's been pointed out to you a hundred times already and you haven't in any way put forward a reason why God be exempt from being caused.

Because it's the definition of God?

Lots of things have a definition which don't actually exist in practice. Like this word for example.

"fantasy"

it cant be special pleading because atheists say the same thing of the universe i.e. that it is uncaused and has always existed in one form or another.
the reason that God is uncaused is because He is uncaused by definition. is that not simple enough for you?

Only as a counter to show the flaw in the logic of ontological arguments.

I can see why you would think that, though, as you were apparently asleep during the explanation of Big Bang theory in school, and during the fallacies section of introductory logic.

PS: still ignoring my questions and Mathilda's invitation to debate?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
01-06-2014, 01:10 PM
(01-06-2014 01:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  it cant be special pleading because atheists say the same thing of the universe i.e. that it is uncaused and has always existed in one form or another.

Strawman. Atheists say that they don't know and point out that the same argument you make for God being uncaused can just as easily be applied to the universe being uncaused so why add God into the equation?

But you know this and keep repeating what you want to believe to be the case which is why you have shown yourself to be intellectually dishonest and lying for Jesus.

(01-06-2014 01:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  the reason that God is uncaused is because He is uncaused by definition. is that not simple enough for you?

"fantasy"

You haven't explained why God should be an exception, hence special pleading. is that not simple enough for you?
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
01-06-2014, 01:11 PM
(01-06-2014 01:10 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  it cant be special pleading because atheists say the same thing of the universe i.e. that it is uncaused and has always existed in one form or another.

Strawman. Atheists say that they don't know and point out that the same argument you make for God being uncaused can just as easily be applied to the universe being uncaused.

But you know this and keep repeating what you want to believe to be the case which is why you have shown yourself to be intellectually dishonest and lying for Jesus.

(01-06-2014 01:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  the reason that God is uncaused is because He is uncaused by definition. is that not simple enough for you?

"fantasy"

You haven't explained why God should be an exception, hence special pleading. is that not simple enough for you?

Probably not. Several words in those sentences with more than one syllable.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
01-06-2014, 01:12 PM
(01-06-2014 01:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  1. it cant be special pleading because atheists say the same thing of the universe i.e. that it is uncaused and has always existed in one form or another.

2. the reason that God is uncaused is because He is uncaused by definition. is that not simple enough for you?

No they don't. As far as I can tell, the general consensus is that at this point we don't have enough information, and you have been told this time and again. Are you suffering from a mental disorder such as dementia ? I have no poll of atheists. Do you ?

The definition of The Eternal Sparkly Unicorn is that She is uncaused. Do definitions now cause Reality ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2014, 01:12 PM
(01-06-2014 01:08 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  

Only as a counter to show the flaw in the logic of ontological arguments.

I can see why you would think that, though, as you were apparently asleep during the explanation of Big Bang theory in school, and during the fallacies section of introductory logic.

there are two types of things:

those that exist necessarily i.e. necessarily existing things

those that exist contingently i.e. caused things

theologians and mathematicians deal with things that fall into the first i.e God and abstract objects like numbers.
01-06-2014, 01:14 PM
It's a dog's breakfast.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl2VKnGK_o4nBTqVPcQ-Y...ecavgm4mcw]

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post