I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 01:22 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 01:14 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No they don't. As far as I can tell, the general consensus is that at this point we don't have enough information, and you have been told this time and again. Are you suffering from a mental disorder such as dementia ? I have no poll of atheists. Do you ?

The definition of The Eternal Sparkly Unicorn is that She is uncaused. Do definitions now cause Reality ?

so you do not think the universe is uncaused or eternal?

Great. you affirm the universe has a cause and is temporally finite.

I have better things to do than waste my time with this shit, to be perfectly honest. When (and if) Cosmologists have more information I will get it, meanwhile, it's not on the top of my list of things to worry about today. I do get that you infantile preacher types NEED, above all, to see the world in simple-minded terms, and your Fundamentalism fulfills those NEEDS. Knock yourself out. I refuse to be stuck in your childish little box of definitions. I do however know, that repeating ad nauseam what has already been explained to you, ... that asserting a "cause" (and properties we only know for now to be internal to this universe as Carroll told and explained to Craig,) which is "external" (a spatial-temporal reference), is meaningless.

I affirm neither of your statements.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2014, 01:25 PM
(01-06-2014 01:17 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The definition of The Eternal Sparkly Unicorn is that She is uncaused. Do definitions now cause Reality ?

if you have any arguments for the existence of the aforementioned creature then present them. if not, i dismiss it as a red-herring parody

Excellent! That means we can dismiss your God in the same way.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
01-06-2014, 01:26 PM
I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 01:25 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:17 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if you have any arguments for the existence of the aforementioned creature then present them. if not, i dismiss it as a red-herring parody

Excellent! That means we can dismiss your God in the same way.

[Image: vupu8eda.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
01-06-2014, 01:28 PM
(01-06-2014 01:19 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:14 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Because he thinks everyone is as ignorant as he is? IDK, he probably just found out who Dennett is and thought he was the first to know about him. Facepalm

Dennett never claims the kalam is circular nor does any other non-theistic philosopher who attempts to object to it.

that was my point.

Your user name is very stupid. You should do 2 things to gain respect in this site and other sites. First of all , you must change that user name . The second thing you must do is to give real direct answers to the members questions. You should stop giving circular answers.Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
(01-06-2014 01:18 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:15 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  No there aren't.

There are just temporally persistent patterns of energy and matter.

Gasp

how do you know this?

What can a thing be but matter with energy flowing through it?

Life is a temporally persistent pattern. After all each cell in our body gets replaced. The same for a river. The water is constantly flowing through it, the shape changes over time but it's still a river. You see a lenticular cloud above a hill ridge, the water molecules are being replaced but it's the same cloud.

The only persistent thing is the pattern.
01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
(01-06-2014 01:19 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:14 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Because he thinks everyone is as ignorant as he is? IDK, he probably just found out who Dennett is and thought he was the first to know about him. Facepalm

Dennett never claims the kalam is circular nor does any other non-theistic philosopher who attempts to object to it.

that was my point.

I repeat. How was that an answer to not joining me in the boxing ring?
01-06-2014, 01:36 PM
(01-06-2014 01:20 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:17 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if you have any arguments for the existence of the aforementioned creature then present them. if not, i dismiss it as a red-herring parody

Pffft , yeah like your god...... Idiot ! walked right into that one, didnt ya. Wink

yea i didnt think you had anything other than this.
01-06-2014, 01:37 PM
[Image: donut.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-06-2014, 01:38 PM
(01-06-2014 01:36 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:20 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Pffft , yeah like your god...... Idiot ! walked right into that one, didnt ya. Wink

Nothing else has ever been needed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-06-2014, 01:40 PM
(01-06-2014 01:36 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 01:20 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Pffft , yeah like your god...... Idiot ! walked right into that one, didnt ya. Wink

That's your way of saying , you are a pussy. You don't have the guts to participate in mano a mano debate.