I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 03:53 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 03:48 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 03:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
  • God is immaterial. God is Spirit. (definition)
  • The Holy Spirit must therefore be just energy.
  • If the Holy Spirit was not matter or energy then it would not be able to interact with the physical world and therefore would be irrelevant
  • If the Holy Spirit exists as an identifiable thing then it must have order otherwise it will be chaos
  • If the Holy Spirit has order then it is a temporally persistent pattern of energy
  • There is no evidence of, or physical means by which, a temporal pattern of energy can exist without the use of matter in either initiating it or persisting it.
  • Therefore God cannot exist

Thanks Jeremy. Another argument to add to my thread.

how did you get 2?

Because God is not matter.

What else can Spirit be then if not energy?

Can it do work? Yes? If so it must be a form of energy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
01-06-2014, 03:54 PM
(01-06-2014 03:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 03:23 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  How can something that doesn't exist in the material world effect the material world?[Image: esydu9ej.jpg]

God does exist in the material world.

So God is subject to entropy?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
01-06-2014, 03:56 PM
(01-06-2014 03:23 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  How can something that doesn't exist in the material world effect the material world?[Image: esydu9ej.jpg]

God does exist in the material world. He is omnipresent. He sees you even now and sees me simultaneously.

Speaking of masturbation...
[+] 3 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
01-06-2014, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 04:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-06-2014 03:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God does exist in the material world. He is omnipresent. He sees you even now and sees me simultaneously.

He is me, but more importantly I is he. Tongue

#sigh
01-06-2014, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 04:18 PM by rampant.a.i..)
I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 03:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  that is your view. many mathematicians would disagree. i disagree as well. i believe in God and God is immaterial. God is Spirit.

Why are you changing your definition of God?

God does exist in the material world. He is omnipresent. He sees you even now and sees me simultaneously.

How is that possible? Cite supporting evidence.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
01-06-2014, 04:23 PM
(01-06-2014 03:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I believe in God and God is immaterial. God is Spirit.

No one cares what you believe.

What does "God is Spirit" mean, exactly ?
Does your god "exist" ?
If so, define "existence", (a part of Reality, which, apparently had to be in place, concurrently with your deity), and in doing so, use no term which references spacetime.
Take your time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2014, 04:30 PM
(01-06-2014 03:53 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 03:48 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  how did you get 2?

Because God is not matter.

What else can Spirit be then if not energy?

Can it do work? Yes? If so it must be a form of energy.

We shouldn’t think of God as literally made out of energy, Doctor. For energy is a physical reality. Remember Einstein’s famous equation e = mc2? It tells us that energy and matter are basically interchangeable. Matter can be converted into energy and vice versa. As such, energy and matter are part of the created world. God created all the matter and energy in the universe.

So to say that God is energy is to say that energy existed before all energy was created which is absurd.
01-06-2014, 04:31 PM
(01-06-2014 04:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 03:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I believe in God and God is immaterial. God is Spirit.

No one cares what you believe.

What does "God is Spirit" mean, exactly ?
Does your god "exist" ?
If so, define "existence", (a part of Reality, which, apparently had to be in place, concurrently with your deity), and in doing so, use no term which references spacetime.
Take your time.

i have some evidence for the existence of God. I can PM you it if you like and let you take a look at it.
01-06-2014, 04:32 PM
(01-06-2014 04:12 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 03:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  that is your view. many mathematicians would disagree. i disagree as well. i believe in God and God is immaterial. God is Spirit.

Why are you changing your definition of God?

(01-06-2014 03:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God does exist in the material world. He is omnipresent. He sees you even now and sees me simultaneously.

How is that possible? Cite supporting evidence.

God is omnipresent. There is no place where He is not.
01-06-2014, 04:33 PM
(01-06-2014 03:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 03:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God does exist in the material world.

So God is subject to entropy?

Nope Doctor. You know that.