I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 04:31 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one cares what you believe.

What does "God is Spirit" mean, exactly ?
Does your god "exist" ?
If so, define "existence", (a part of Reality, which, apparently had to be in place, concurrently with your deity), and in doing so, use no term which references spacetime.
Take your time.

i have some evidence for the existence of God. I can PM you it if you like and let you take a look at it.

That sounds like the beginning of a dick pic exchange.

(you could always just post your proof. We all would be interested to see it Yes )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
01-06-2014, 04:36 PM
(01-06-2014 04:34 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:31 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  i have some evidence for the existence of God. I can PM you it if you like and let you take a look at it.

That sounds like the beginning of a dick pic exchange.

(you could always just post your proof. We all would be interested to see it Yes )

I can PM it to you and let you take a look at it. it is a collection of philosophical arguments for the existence of God. or you can just look them up on the web

and no, i abstain from taking pictures of myself in private places and sending them to others.
01-06-2014, 04:40 PM
(01-06-2014 04:30 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  We shouldn’t think of God as literally made out of energy, Doctor. For energy is a physical reality.

Special pleading (attempting to cite something as an exception to a generally accepted rule)

(01-06-2014 04:30 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  So to say that God is energy is to say that energy existed before all energy was created which is absurd.

So if we exclude the logical fallacy of special pleading this tells us that God does not exist.

I'm sure it's got begging the question in there as well.
01-06-2014, 04:42 PM
(01-06-2014 04:33 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 03:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So God is subject to entropy?

Nope Doctor. You know that.

God is entropy. Tongue

#sigh
01-06-2014, 04:42 PM
(01-06-2014 12:39 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  why is it that the majority of posts here that are directed towards me are not about the things I have written but are more or less criticisms of me as a person?

this seems to be a recurring theme from "thinking atheists".

throw out some intelligent sounding phrases and accuse me of fallacious reasoning and then throw an ad hominem on top to finish it off.

thinking men and women do not argue this way.

Probably because people like me ask you legitimate questions about gongs you have written and you ignore us to respond to people who are just here to insult you and not interested in the actual discussion. Were you going to answer my questions ever?

*edit* gongs? Lol. Things is what I meant.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
01-06-2014, 04:43 PM
(01-06-2014 04:33 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 03:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So God is subject to entropy?

Nope Doctor. You know that.

How can God affect the physical world without the use of energy which would make him subject to entropy?
01-06-2014, 04:47 PM
(01-06-2014 04:40 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:30 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  We shouldn’t think of God as literally made out of energy, Doctor. For energy is a physical reality.

Special pleading (attempting to cite something as an exception to a generally accepted rule)

(01-06-2014 04:30 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  So to say that God is energy is to say that energy existed before all energy was created which is absurd.

So if we exclude the logical fallacy of special pleading this tells us that God does not exist.

I'm sure it's got begging the question in there as well.

Doctor,

Why did you leave out the most critical portion of the wikipedia definition of special pleading?
01-06-2014, 04:49 PM
(01-06-2014 04:30 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 03:53 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Because God is not matter.

What else can Spirit be then if not energy?

Can it do work? Yes? If so it must be a form of energy.

We shouldn’t think of God as literally made out of energy, Doctor. For energy is a physical reality. Remember Einstein’s famous equation e = mc2? It tells us that energy and matter are basically interchangeable. Matter can be converted into energy and vice versa. As such, energy and matter are part of the created world. God created all the matter and energy in the universe.

So to say that God is energy is to say that energy existed before all energy was created which is absurd.

Listen, nobody cares about the mental acrobatics you have to perform, or what you want to believe to support your other beliefs.

Reality does not care about your beliefs. Wishful thinking is childish. We're asking you to support your ad hoc apologetics with evidence, which you have failed utterly to do.

There is no evidence energy can be created or destroyed. Significantly supported theories exist that the matter/energy that the universe consists of simply oscillates between Big Bang and Big Crunch states.

Unless you're defining God as the singularity, which a natural phenomena,!I don't see any support for your spurious claims, and you have yet to provide some.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
01-06-2014, 04:49 PM
(01-06-2014 04:43 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:33 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Nope Doctor. You know that.

How can God affect the physical world without the use of energy which would make him subject to entropy?

He is God. I do not know how. That is where faith comes in. There are many things I cannot answer. I just bow in worship and say: "O Lord thou knowest!"
01-06-2014, 04:50 PM
(01-06-2014 04:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:43 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  How can God affect the physical world without the use of energy which would make him subject to entropy?

He is God. I do not know how. That is where faith comes in. There are many things I cannot answer. I just bow in worship and say: "O Lord thou knowest!"

Right, because that makes you feel better than "I don't know, let's use science to find out."

You know what "faith" is?

[Image: quzuta7u.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post