I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 04:50 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(01-06-2014 04:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why did you leave out the most critical portion of the wikipedia definition of special pleading?

Probably because I am programming at the same time as debating you. If you think I have left out something critically important then just quote it and state your objection rather than try to create an impression. This is typical of you and it is why people see you as intellectually dishonest.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
01-06-2014, 04:53 PM
(01-06-2014 04:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:43 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  How can God affect the physical world without the use of energy which would make him subject to entropy?

He is God. I do not know how. That is where faith comes in. There are many things I cannot answer. I just bow in worship and say: "O Lord thou knowest!"

[Image: IMG_0141.gif]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
01-06-2014, 04:53 PM
(01-06-2014 04:50 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  He is God. I do not know how. That is where faith comes in. There are many things I cannot answer. I just bow in worship and say: "O Lord thou knowest!"

Right, because that makes you feel better than "I don't know, let's use science to find out."

You know what "faith" is?

[Image: quzuta7u.jpg]

nice, but I disagree. I think you have strawmanned faith
01-06-2014, 04:54 PM
(01-06-2014 04:53 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  He is God. I do not know how. That is where faith comes in. There are many things I cannot answer. I just bow in worship and say: "O Lord thou knowest!"

[Image: 20130412022147!No1curr.gif]

you cared enough to take the time to post the gif.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
01-06-2014, 04:56 PM
(01-06-2014 04:50 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why did you leave out the most critical portion of the wikipedia definition of special pleading?

Probably because I am programming at the same time as debating you. If you think I have left out something critically important then just quote it and state your objection rather than try to create an impression. This is typical of you and it is why people see you as intellectually dishonest.

*without justifying the exception.*

God is the exception because God is Spirit, He is not a material being. He is immaterial.

The Kalam is one of my evidences for this assertion. The Bible is another.
01-06-2014, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 05:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
Because it's time. No ad hominehomo.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-06-2014, 04:56 PM
(01-06-2014 04:53 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:50 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Right, because that makes you feel better than "I don't know, let's use science to find out."

You know what "faith" is?

[Image: quzuta7u.jpg]

nice, but I disagree. I think you have strawmanned faith

Define religious faith then.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
01-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Jeremy.....how do you know god is exists and how is it possible for it to exist without beginning to exist?

And what is the evidence that you said I've been given?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
01-06-2014, 04:58 PM
(01-06-2014 04:56 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:50 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Probably because I am programming at the same time as debating you. If you think I have left out something critically important then just quote it and state your objection rather than try to create an impression. This is typical of you and it is why people see you as intellectually dishonest.

*without justifying the exception.*

God is the exception because God is Spirit, He is not a material being. He is immaterial.

The Kalam is one of my evidences for this assertion. The Bible is another.

You've been shown why the Kalam is a failed argument repeatedly.

As far as the bible, which is factually inaccurate and composed by a set of books voted in by human committee
[Image: esyty4e4.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
01-06-2014, 05:00 PM
(01-06-2014 04:57 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Jeremy.....how do you know god is exists and how is it possible for it to exist without beginning to exist?

And what is the evidence that you said I've been given?

[Image: 50330265.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post