I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(03-06-2014 11:50 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Jeremy, you've been on repeat mode long enough that you have stopped being interesting to talk to. You refuse to answer the most basic questions about your (stupid) position. You've shown you're impervious to reason.

I'm done talking to you.

Now, off to read more Ken M. At least that guy knows how to troll!

Ok. Have a great day!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm out too, 57 pages of repeating the same shit over and over again..... its useless.

This is akin to me telling my dog to speak in a clear english voice....... Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
03-06-2014, 12:09 PM
(03-06-2014 11:53 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  2. A second argument shows it is more plausible that this efficient cause is a personal agent.
What argument?
(03-06-2014 11:53 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  3. This brings us from atheism to theism. Additional arguments would then be presented to show that Jesus was indeed God incarnate i.e. the best explanation for the empty tomb is that Jesus rose bodily from the dead on the Sunday morning following His crucifixion.
The only evidence an omnipotent God provides us with is a story of someone being ressurected? Not, you know, performing miracles when prayed to?

Truth seeker.
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
03-06-2014, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 02:59 PM by rampant.a.i..)
(03-06-2014 11:53 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 11:44 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I made 2 arguments on page 54 of this thread.

1. the cause of the universe must be timeless, non-spatial and immaterial to bring into existence the totality of all physical/material/natural reality including the space-time manifold.

2. A second argument shows it is more plausible that this efficient cause is a personal agent.

3. This brings us from atheism to theism. Additional arguments would then be presented to show that Jesus was indeed God incarnate i.e. the best explanation for the empty tomb is that Jesus rose bodily from the dead on the Sunday morning following His crucifixion.

4. I do not see believing certain axioms as problematic at all.

Reply to this post if you are mentally retarded and learning disabled.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
03-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Re: RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(03-06-2014 11:54 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 11:50 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Jeremy, you've been on repeat mode long enough that you have stopped being interesting to talk to. You refuse to answer the most basic questions about your (stupid) position. You've shown you're impervious to reason.

I'm done talking to you.

Now, off to read more Ken M. At least that guy knows how to troll!

Ok. Have a great day!

I've only been observing, due to my inexperience in such debates mainly, but if I could offer one (slightly drunken I admit) atheist comment Jeremy - "you're a knob".

Nothing personal of course, just that your head is fucked beyond repair. I hate religion (I don't use the word 'hate' for anything else incidentally) and you epitomise everything that has caused that hatred. You will likely take pleasure in my hatred as it has been told in the bible that you should expect this behaviour from heathens.

Take your fucking bible and stuff it up your holy fucking patronising cock filled arse and fuck off into the sunset spitting pages of Genesis out as you go to rapture and leave the rest of humanity to understand and grow.

Sorry, but fuck off.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like TubbyTubby's post
03-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Walker, I have a gift for you, from all of us here on the TTA forums.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Enjoy!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-06-2014, 02:13 PM
(03-06-2014 12:25 PM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 11:54 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Ok. Have a great day!

I've only been observing, due to my inexperience in such debates mainly, but if I could offer one (slightly drunken I admit) atheist comment Jeremy - "you're a knob".

Nothing personal of course, just that your head is fucked beyond repair. I hate religion (I don't use the word 'hate' for anything else incidentally) and you epitomise everything that has caused that hatred. You will likely take pleasure in my hatred as it has been told in the bible that you should expect this behaviour from heathens.

Take your fucking bible and stuff it up your holy fucking patronising cock filled arse and fuck off into the sunset spitting pages of Genesis out as you go to rapture and leave the rest of humanity to understand and grow.

Sorry, but fuck off.

Thanks! Have a great day! Smile
03-06-2014, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 02:58 PM by rampant.a.i..)
(03-06-2014 02:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 12:25 PM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  I've only been observing, due to my inexperience in such debates mainly, but if I could offer one (slightly drunken I admit) atheist comment Jeremy - "you're a knob".

Sorry, but fuck off.

Thanks! Have a great day! Smile

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
03-06-2014, 02:45 PM
(03-06-2014 12:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  What argument?

The personhood of the first cause is also implied since the origin of an effect with a beginning is a cause without a beginning. Therefore, it is more plausible that the cause of the universe’s beginning is a personal agent who freely chooses to create a universe in time. Philosophers call this type of causation “agent causation,” and because the agent is free, he can initiate new effects by freely bringing about conditions that were not previously present. Thus, a finite time ago a Creator could have freely brought the world into being at that moment. In this way, the Creator could exist changelessly and eternally but choose to create the world in time. (By “choose” one need not mean that the Creator changes his mind about the decision to create, but that he freely and eternally intends to create a world with a beginning.) By exercising his causal power, he therefore brings it about that a world with a beginning comes to exist. So the cause is eternal, but the effect is not. In this way, then, it is possible for the temporal universe to have come to exist from an eternal cause: through the free will of a personal Creator.

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-new-a...z33bwGw9yV

(03-06-2014 12:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  The only evidence an omnipotent God provides us with is a story of someone being ressurected?
No.

(03-06-2014 12:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Not, you know, performing miracles when prayed to?

If it is His will to do so, yes.
03-06-2014, 02:55 PM
(03-06-2014 02:45 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 12:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  What argument?

The personhood of the first cause is also implied since the origin of an effect with a beginning is a cause without a beginning. Therefore, it is more plausible that the cause of the universe’s beginning is a personal agent who freely chooses to create a universe in time. Philosophers call this type of causation “agent causation,” and because the agent is free, he can initiate new effects by freely bringing about conditions that were not previously present. Thus, a finite time ago a Creator could have freely brought the world into being at that moment. In this way, the Creator could exist changelessly and eternally but choose to create the world in time. (By “choose” one need not mean that the Creator changes his mind about the decision to create, but that he freely and eternally intends to create a world with a beginning.) By exercising his causal power, he therefore brings it about that a world with a beginning comes to exist. So the cause is eternal, but the effect is not. In this way, then, it is possible for the temporal universe to have come to exist from an eternal cause: through the free will of a personal Creator.

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-new-a...z33bwGw9yV

(03-06-2014 12:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  The only evidence an omnipotent God provides us with is a story of someone being ressurected?
No.

(03-06-2014 12:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Not, you know, performing miracles when prayed to?

If it is His will to do so, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading

That is what you wrote there buried under looping circular arguments. You have not made any case why we should kick the can back a step.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post