I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2014, 12:29 PM
RE: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
(02-08-2014 12:15 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Excellent job! I'm going to use that definition if someone asks again.

Fine, but it is the definition of evolution, not 'transitional evolution'. Whatever that is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Yes but there are forms of evolution that can be seen taking place right before our eyes. Like the super bugs that become immune to antibiotics for existence.

The theory of evolution regarding one species gradually over a period of time evolving into another species is a whole different ballgame, but there is fossil evidence for this.
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2014, 12:37 PM
(02-08-2014 12:15 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Excellent job! I'm going to use that definition if someone asks again.

So if that's now your go to definition do you believe it takes faith to believe in ..."Gradual, cumulative, small changes over a vast gulf of time has led to the diversification of the biosphere we can observe today."

I'm curious.
02-08-2014, 12:38 PM
(02-08-2014 12:34 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  The theory of evolution regarding one species gradually over a period of time evolving into another species is a whole different ballgame...

It's really really not.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
02-08-2014, 12:40 PM
(02-08-2014 12:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

So if that's now your go to definition do you believe it takes faith to believe in ..."Gradual, cumulative, small changes over a vast gulf of time has led to the diversification of the biosphere we can observe today."

I'm curious.
No, because it doesn't specifically state anything about one species evolving into another. But I'm at this site to be corrected and receive and education which is why I'll retract the things I say if there is sufficient criticism against it from a mature and educated perspective.
02-08-2014, 12:41 PM
(02-08-2014 12:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 12:34 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  The theory of evolution regarding one species gradually over a period of time evolving into another species is a whole different ballgame...

It's really really not.
Yes it's not in the sense that it doesn't contradict the transition theory.
02-08-2014, 12:50 PM
So you think it takes faith to believe that a species can become another species over time?
02-08-2014, 12:50 PM
(02-08-2014 12:40 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 12:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So if that's now your go to definition do you believe it takes faith to believe in ..."Gradual, cumulative, small changes over a vast gulf of time has led to the diversification of the biosphere we can observe today."

I'm curious.
No, because it doesn't specifically state anything about one species evolving into another.

Actually it kinda does and if you had an actual grasp on evolutionary biology you would see how and why it does.
02-08-2014, 01:02 PM
(02-08-2014 12:50 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So you think it takes faith to believe that a species can become another species over time?
in the sense that I don't see the animals that are transitioning into another species, and something that takes place over billions of years cannot be tested according to the conventional means of testing by the scientific method, yes.
02-08-2014, 01:49 PM
(02-08-2014 11:57 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 11:37 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is simplified to the point of being ridiculous. It would be the same as saying to invent the plane get some paper then attach an engine then paint on TWA. You are missing so many steps it is incoherent.
What is a better way of giving the definition of transitional evolution in one sentence?

I know that there are transitional fossils that support the theory but I was just trying to sum it up in few words.

Every fossil is essentially a transitional fossil, just the same as every picture of you every day of your life, from the moment you are born to old age, is a transitional picture.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results