• 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2017, 07:29 AM
RE: I Don't Know What Else To Do
Give Grandma a black eye.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2017, 08:08 AM
(15-10-2017 07:29 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Give Grandma a black eye.

Not sure that's a good plan or in keeping with the rules of this section...'course I've been wrong before.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
15-10-2017, 08:29 AM
(15-10-2017 08:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-10-2017 07:29 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Give Grandma a black eye.

Not sure that's a good plan or in keeping with the rules of this section...'course I've been wrong before.

What are the odds that OP will follow through on that advice literally? Drinking Beverage
15-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Basically all that Robvalue said about emotional abuse. Hug Sorry to hear that you have to go through it, been there while growing up (and still when I visit home) with dad. Not that it helps now, but maybe after you graduate and get a better job, if you can find one in another town, that may help? I find things work best with 600 miles between my father and I.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
29-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Thanks for all the support guys, it's still hard to pull away. She's always been controlling, feels like every mistake I make I have to tell her. It's like she's driven me so far into guilt that if I don't tell her then I'm jsut delaying the inevitable yelling I'll get.

What happened was I accidentally cursed at my professor. Reason being was that he was trying to get me on a tractor, middle of fall, after it had rained. I said no, several times before I finally said 'Leave me the fuck alone.' I was fed up with him pushing, my grandfather made me afraid of cars for a reason that I'm slowly getting over. Took me a while to get over my fear of going to college, yet I still got there, now I'm getting over another fear, and people pushing isn't helping.

After this minor slip up, I apologized to him, he didn't care just warned me not to do so to other people I care about. Doesn't help with my friends guilt trip, she's half Asian and her culture says you must always respect your teachers. My belief says respect is earned. And after I'll I have gone through in life, I don't just hand out respect like candy as some do.

However, the support I get here is great, makes me realize not everyone is a jackass. But the scars do run deep, and I know every time I make a mistake, as an adult, I have to own up to it. Still trying to get that filter between my brain and mouth worked out, I've been getting better about my cursing. (every millennials story every XD). And slowly maturing beyond highschool.

But it'll take some time to pull myself away from my grandparents and their set ways. But I do want to thank everyone here for the support. (Haven't been able to look at these until now, had no internet for a week, then the week I got it back I had a TON of homework to catch up on after the move we did.) Anyway, thanks for the words of encouragement Smile

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
29-10-2017, 11:27 PM
It sounds to me like your professor was way out of line. You shouldn't have to say no more than once; he doesn't get to order you around. He should be the one apologizing, he pushed you to the point where you had to defend yourself. Personally, I wouldn't call this a mistake.

But you're right, owning up to mistakes is important. It's also important not to beat yourself up for them, but rather to learn whatever you can and move on. This is easier said than done of course!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post