I Don't Know Who

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 08:18 PM

RE: I Don't Know Who
(07-01-2013 07:34 PM)Near Wrote:  Well I'm convinced. Where do I send my tithes Reverend Egor? I'm afraid I can only afford a 75% tithe, as I do have some kitties to look after, but every penny not necessary for their care will go straight to the Veridican coffers, in order to spread the Holy Word.

There will be books you can buy; there will be a subscription you can do (especially if you want to use the forum to advertise something you're selling). And then I was thinking of t-shirts with a guy being burned at the stake, the caption reads: "I guess you're about to find out."

Fun stuff like that. Girl_nails

Quote:Have you posted the text of the Veridican Bible somewhere, that I might read it and come to know what you know, and believe as you believe? I wish to spread the word on the West Coast, as you spread it on the South-East Coast. Together we will conquer this nation for The Lord.

It's on Amazon. If you're too cheap to lay out $.99 for the Kindle version, I think you have bigger fish to fry than evangelizing. And if you're too backwards to have no way of reading Kindles, you're just too stupid for the crusade--sorry. Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 08:25 PM
(07-01-2013 07:25 PM)Egor Wrote:  Thank you. But it's about to get really psychotic. I'm not going to quit until you believe in God. And you know what I know? You want me to succeed even more than me. Yes

It sounds reasonable enough that you don't plan to quit.

I bet you think I'm gonna respond to that last sentence by saying that 'of course I want you to fail' don't you? I bet a lot of people would expect that. In reality that's not my response at all. My response is that I neither want you to fail nor succeed. I'm an atheist because that is how I see the world, that is how it makes sense to me. If I found evidence for God I doubt I would feel disappointed, just surprised.

I'm looking forward to your new forum. I'm sure we'll have some good debates on it, I'm presuming there will be religious sections as on ALE?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
07-01-2013, 09:40 PM
AW: I Don't Know Who
Flip flop, flippity flop.

Same old, same old. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
08-01-2013, 12:49 AM

08-01-2013, 12:55 AM
I wonder if all this is an over compensation for the fact that you are in fact a closet atheist.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
08-01-2013, 07:47 AM
(08-01-2013 12:49 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 08:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your insight is remarkable. Your insults are incisive. Drinking Beverage

I do what I can. Thumbsup

Which seems to be to fling poo and nonsensical insults.

Once again, you are absolutely sure. Like last time. And the time before. And the time before that.

Only this time you've added astrology; very convincing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
08-01-2013, 08:17 AM
(07-01-2013 07:25 PM)Egor Wrote:  Thank you. But it's about to get really psychotic. I'm not going to quit until you believe in God. And you know what I know? You want me to succeed even more than me. Yes
Please dont bother trying to convert me.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
08-01-2013, 08:31 AM
If there were even the tiniest chance that I could be converted...it would be by someone that tries to make whole concept palatable...not continual insults.
"""I know it was someone here at TTA that crashed my website...I have no proof...but it was you, ya bunch of idiots...now please, pretty please, bring your ignorant asses over to my side when I get things fixed.""""
Yeah, that works.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-01-2013, 09:40 AM

(08-01-2013 12:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I wonder if all this is an over compensation for the fact that you are in fact a closet atheist.

I always consider the atheistic perspective. One cannot be a monist and not come up against atheism in their own mind, because there is a perspective in monistic thinking that is atheistic. That is that God can’t have a God. So if everything is God, if there is nothing that is not God, then there is no God. If I am God and you are God, then the whole notion of an “other” being who is God is false—and that’s atheistic.

However, even if I am God, I am still a creation of God. Even if I am no more real than a dream character, I am that character, so I can say I am made of the substance of God, but I am not God—not in the totality of the term. So, for me, there is a God. And for the same reasons, there is one from your perspective as well.

(08-01-2013 07:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  Which seems to be to fling poo and nonsensical insults.

Whatever.

Quote:Once again, you are absolutely sure. Like last time. And the time before. And the time before that.
This isn’t new. I’ve always been a Veridican. I’ve been a Veridican since 1993. I’ve been debating atheists since I participated in alt.atheism on my Netscape newsgroup app.

But I tried to put it on a shelf. I published The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ because I was and am sure that God created me to write that and to leave it in a drawer was a sin. But you’ve never seen me push it or market it until now.

And I’m not the one who changed. I went to Google after my “writers” forum crashed, and there I find pages of references to me and Veridicanism including a mock website. You do realize what that means don’t you? It means I own all the stuff I’ve written in the past. It means Edward Gordon is inexorably tied to Veridicanism.

If I ever tried to be a legitimate novelist, and if I ever got famous from it, which is the only way I’d ever get rich from it, all that Veridican stuff would come crashing down on me. Veridicanism it seems, grew up while I wasn’t watching. And I see God’s hand in all of this. I was born for this. I wanted a normal life, a successful life, but God set me on this path, and now I must walk it, and I am happier to do His will than my own. Yes

Quote:Only this time you've added astrology; very convincing. Drinking Beverage

Of course. I’m a very competent astrologer and have always used it in my dream interpretations. You may not know, but there was a time over on the Dream Interpretation sites when I was somewhat popular.

God has set the world in motion with a purpose. Fate is set (unless you overcome it by becoming Christ). The position of the planets and stars can reveal that fate. That’s a fact. I have lived out my chart with fascinating accuracy, and now at the start of middle age, I see that my 9th and 10th houses are about to come to fruition. Drinking Beverage

(08-01-2013 08:17 AM)bemore Wrote:  Please dont bother trying to convert me.

Excuse me: when have you ever seen me go to one of your posts and provide a comment? You come to me. You read my posts. I don’t read yours. So don’t act like I’m some troublesome JW knocking on your door.
(08-01-2013 08:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If there were even the tiniest chance that I could be converted...it would be by someone that tries to make whole concept palatable...not continual insults.

Yeah, yeah. Translation: I will be converted when God bows down to me. Bowing

Quote:"""I know it was someone here at TTA that crashed my website...I have no proof...but it was you, ya bunch of idiots...now please, pretty please, bring your ignorant asses over to my side when I get things fixed.""""
Yeah, that works.

It wasn’t you guys. I already said I was wrong about that. It was Network Solutions. But it doesn’t matter. It didn’t matter when I thought it was you guys—or someone from your midst. God crashed that site, and while I don’t relish the idea of taking Veridicanism to the next step—it’s not about my will in this life. I wasn’t born to do what I wanted.
08-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Okay then go insult and rage at GOD.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post