I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 10:07 PM
RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
We should post some Pontius Pilate photos in the hospital over or next to the hand washing pumps in a few places. Heh heh. The number of strokes would skyrocket. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 10:08 PM
(22-12-2014 04:45 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Mr Gordon, what makes you different from the countless others throughout history (modern and otherwise) who have said that they had authority from God/Jesus/Holy Spirit and created the one true path for Christians to be closer to their god?

I don't know. [Image: dontknow2.gif]

Quote:I ask in all seriousness. I've met some who had amazing insight and wrote books. I even wrote and published some things (though I didn't think my message was anything all that special).

What did you write?

Quote:My point being every generation believes it to be the final generation and each has prophets. Why is yours any different?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think in history, there's ever been a time when a sect of Christianity chose only to follow Jesus Christ and nothing else (not the Old Testament, not Paul, Peter, James, John, the writer of Hebrews, etc.) I don't think there's ever been a truly pure "Jesus Christ" religion.

Also, no one has ever synthesized the Gospels that I know of. Also, we are living in the Second Coming--right at the very beginning of it. Actually it started in 1945, but we are still very much in the beginning of it.

So, a lot of people have preached that Christ was coming back, or that the apocalypse was about to occur, but I'm saying it's already here. That's why God has chosen to start a "Christ only" religion.

Thank you for asking and for being civil about it. [Image: handshake.gif]

Ed
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gordon's post
22-12-2014, 10:12 PM
No. Egoramus chose to start the new 2 person cult.
1945 was not special.
A multi-ethnic democracy with no king and no temple was NOT what was prophesied. And Jesus (only) said nothing about 1945.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-12-2014, 10:18 PM
(22-12-2014 04:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Dog, is this what Veridicanism is about?

*rolling*
LMAO

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
22-12-2014, 10:21 PM
(22-12-2014 04:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You do realize that if you are basing your perspective on "the teachings of the gospels and jesus" that you are trying to do the impossible. Jesus never wrote down a single word, and the gospels were not written by whom or when you think, thus they are only hearsay based on the oral retelling of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of a really good fairy tale. SO how does one "follow the teaching of..." when you have no way in knowing what those alleged teachings are, if he said those things, who told the alleged story to who, who told it to who, who added to it, who changed it....even the gospels dont agree with each other and that has been broken down like a stack of dominoes over and over...so please help me understand...how does one "follow the teachings" of someone who never wrote down a single word, then after the period of awkward silence, communities wrote down stories under the names of mark matthew etc....pseudepigrapha by definition.

This is further complicated by the fact that no one who has ever written a word about jesus...knew him.

I am not poking at you, I am asking a serious question.

None of that matters for two reasons:

1. The Jesus anyone knows or has ever known for the last 1970 years is the character in the four New Testament Gospels. If reading those produces a religious experience or a revelation, then you've met Christ. Christ is a spirit. Jesus Christ is a spirit. Not a physical person. The physical person was Jesus of Nazareth, who, as you correctly point out, left behind no written works that we know of.

The Gospel does not record the history of Jesus. That's not the purpose of the Gospel record. Jesus of Nazareth came to earth and lived a life to inspire the writing of the Gospels.

2. Accuracy is no longer a problem. The Holy Spirit has guided my hand in synthesizing the four NT Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas into a single Gospel. I know this because I've always had a very close relationship with God since I was 9.

Now, honestly, I don't expect you to believe that. And it doesn't really matter, does it? Because you don't believe in God to begin with. So what I believe about God communicating to me is meaningless to you.

Apparently, that's the way God wants it to be: just me for now. The Titanic

Thanks for asking. Bowing
22-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Sail away Mr. Delusion, sail away.

Bon Voyage!

[Image: tumblr_mke91o3A461qiz3j8o1_500.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-12-2014, 10:49 PM
can someone explain to me what the OP is trying to achieve here ?
22-12-2014, 10:50 PM
(22-12-2014 10:49 PM)Ace Wrote:  can someone explain to me what the OP is trying to achieve here ?

I don't think anyone can.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-12-2014, 10:50 PM
(22-12-2014 10:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sail away Mr. Delusion, sail away.

Bon Voyage!

[Image: tumblr_mke91o3A461qiz3j8o1_500.gif]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-12-2014, 10:56 PM
We must have similar taste in music, GirlyMan.
[+] 1 user Likes Gordon's post